MacBook Pro emergency

Clare Carswell
👍

Sun 24 Nov 2013, 08:24

Thank you all for helpful suggestions. I now have the use of an 85w charger to get me up and running whilst I source one on eBay.

Katie Ewer
👍

Fri 22 Nov 2013, 12:31

You could try 'Oxford Mac Solutions' in Eynsham. I've used them in a similar panic before and they were very helpful. They get daily deliveries.
www.omsuk.com/

Andrew Chapman
👍

Fri 22 Nov 2013, 09:00

You can get non-Apple (therefore cheaper, but working fine) magnetic adaptors from Amazon for next day delivery. There are different models so you need to check the little numbers/lettering on your charger but this is one we bought a while back for a MacBook Pro of similar vintage: www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008C3VNXA

Maureen Sparling
👍

Fri 22 Nov 2013, 04:04

You could always try Ebay

Clare Carswell
👍

Thu 21 Nov 2013, 09:50 (last edited on Thu 21 Nov 2013, 18:43)

I use a 5 year old 15"MacBook Pro. The charger is suddenly not working so I cannot charge the Mac to use it. Thanks to help today I have been able to establish that it is the charger that is faulty and not the Mac so if anyone has a spare charger for a Macbook, one that connects magnetically that I can borrow whilst I source a replacement that would be a terrific help. You may have an old Macbook that you are keeping as a spare and a charger with it that I could use ? I have freelance design work to do next week and I must be able to use the Mac to do it so if you can help please contact me. Thanks ! 07766558076

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.