mobile phone signal

Sue Normand
👍

Tue 26 Nov 2013, 12:53

Thats a positive point Susie!! We have Orange and mostly good reception everywhere outside, but our house has v thick walls so patchy actually in the house.

Mary Robson
👍

Sun 24 Nov 2013, 22:56

I'm on vodaphone and have no problems, either at home on the east side of Charlbury or in the centre of town. Had to change from Orange when I moved, since I could only get a signal at the end of the garden!

Lesley Algar
👍

Sat 23 Nov 2013, 08:11

We all use Three and don't normally have problems

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Wed 20 Nov 2013, 15:13

Vodafone good from my point of view. Orange not so good, my son can only get a reception hanging out of his bedroom window!

Chris Sharpe
👍

Tue 19 Nov 2013, 13:19

The OFCOM website is quite useful for identifying masts:
sitefinder.ofcom.org.uk/search

There appear to be two on the fire station - Vodafone and O2, while the one up the hill is Orange. Might be out of date, though.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Mon 18 Nov 2013, 12:04

I think it depends which mast your phone company uses. One is on the fire station, the other at the top of Woodstock Hill on or near the Christmas Tree farm. So I guess that if you are unhappy with your present signal, you might be better off with a signal from other mast. If you can tell who uses which! I haven't bothered to see whether the different companies give the locations of their masts, but I'd be surprised if the information isn't out there...

Angus B
👍

Sun 17 Nov 2013, 22:37 (last edited on Sun 17 Nov 2013, 22:38)

EE pretty variable in the part of Sheep Street where we are; Vodafone better.

Heather Hill
👍

Sun 17 Nov 2013, 17:37

I am also EE and have a fantastic signal.

Harriet Baldwin
👍

Fri 15 Nov 2013, 17:04

I'd say the opposite - my EE phone has a better signal than the O2 one! I certainly wouldn't switch from EE to O2. Both are payg and the O2 one loses its signal several times a day. Bear in mind part of the problem with signal reception is also due to phone type and the hardware inside the phone.

john h
👍

Fri 15 Nov 2013, 15:14

EE is pretty poor in Town particularly to the east of Town. there is a transmitter on Woodstock Rd and we suffer with the umberella effect,ie the signal skips over us. I believe Vodaphone is good, I also have a p. a .y. g with O2 this works fine also. At the end of my contract I will move to O2.

Tony Morgan
👍

Fri 15 Nov 2013, 13:06

I am planning to change my network provider
and would appreciate information on quality of signal in charlbury from the different networks

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.