Validity of off peak rail ticket?

Stephen Andrews
👍

Sun 20 Oct 2013, 20:39

Thanks both (this is Jamie, Steve's son). I am very interested in this subject, not least because we are about to start selling UK tickets via my company, Loco2.

I'm confused as it seems that it's not possible to purchase an off-peak *single* ticket for the 08.31 (the earliest train with an off-peak fare when searching NRE for singles is the 09.41). So it seems that the definition of off-peak differs depending on whether you are travelling with a single or return! Very confusing. Anyway, thanks for the clear explanation and link.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Sun 20 Oct 2013, 18:35

Yes, it is acceptable. Here's chapter and verse.

russell robson
👍

Sun 20 Oct 2013, 18:04

I used an off peak travelcard on that train last Wednesday, and the ticket collector acceted it.

Stephen Andrews
👍

Sun 20 Oct 2013, 17:57

My son has visited us this weekend and wants to travel back tomorrow using his off-peak return ticket on the 08:31. Does anyone know if this is acceptable without paying for an upgrade? I seem to recall that this service has a dispensation even though the train gets into London before 10am.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.