2 lost peacocks

Andrea Swinburne
👍

Thu 17 Oct 2013, 06:33

Sandford Mount on The Slade always had peacocks. Haven't heard them for a while. Maybe from there?

Matthew Greenfield
👍

Tue 15 Oct 2013, 18:23

Don't the aristocracy eat peacock? If you are fond of them, hang on to them...

Jean Adams
👍

Tue 15 Oct 2013, 17:52

I have checked with Lady Rotherwick, they are not from Cornbury.

Clare Carswell
👍

Tue 15 Oct 2013, 14:53

'Gilbert & George' are subsisting perfectly well here on a diet of Go Cat and apples and seem happy, although I think Bella rather minds how they march up to her bowl and tap it loudly when they want their supper ! Personally I would be happy to see them stay here as they add a little glamour and camp eccentricity to the environment. But others here view them rather less kindly and I don't think they will find there is any room in the stable for them here once the weather gets very cold. If anyone has contact with the inhabitants of either Cornbury Park or Dean Manor perhaps they can make enquiries ?

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Tue 15 Oct 2013, 12:06

They have them at Cornbury too.

glena chadwick
👍

Tue 15 Oct 2013, 11:56

Great idea Liz ! Not that I actually want any peacocks to be harmed in the reopening of DP but it would be worth a lot to get it back.

Liz Leffman
👍

Tue 15 Oct 2013, 09:03

I think Dean Manor has peacocks and they could have come from there - it may be worth contacting Lord Chadlington and if they belong to him ransoming them for the re-opening of Dean Pit!

Clare Carswell
👍

Tue 15 Oct 2013, 08:41

2 peacocks appeared at site of the Spelsbury Road Workshops beside the campsite about three weeks ago. They are roaming around the site scratching for food and are clearly used to being near people. Now that the weather is worsening they are getting pretty damp and bedraggled and we wonder if anyone in the area has lost them and would like to have them back. If you have heard of anyone who has mislaid 2 peacocks do send them our way !

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.