Adobe Security Alert to change your password.

Frank Payne
👍

Thu 10 Oct 2013, 10:23

As Richard says, it is real. There are two different emails so read carefully which one you have. Some people have had credit card numbers stolen as well as passwords and if you are one of them you should get an email from Adobe warning you. The data is supposed to be encrypted, but personally I would cancel the card.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Thu 10 Oct 2013, 08:13

Yes, it is real: www.theverge.com/2013/10/3/4800042/adobe-suffers-cyber-attack-millions-of-customers-affected .

Malcolm Biranek
👍

Wed 9 Oct 2013, 18:22 (last edited on Wed 9 Oct 2013, 18:23)

To be safe though you must not click the URL link in the email until you have checked it. Hover your mouse pointer over the URL first and it will tell you where the link will take you. Carefully check what the link says I.e Adobe.com. If in any doubt I would email Adobe support to check BEFORE entering any password information on line.

Clare Carswell
👍

Wed 9 Oct 2013, 18:10

Unfortunately this one seems to be real Jean so I would change your password for Adobe and make sure you are not using the old one for any other sites. If you Google this subject there is plenty of info and chat on the net about it. Even BBC News have covered it. It is really hard to spot the genuine from the scam though !

Jean Adams
👍

Wed 9 Oct 2013, 17:03

Is this genuine? I have received an alert from Adobe as someone has hacked into their system. They have changed my passord and they advise changing passwords if similar to that which you use for Adobe.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.