Where were you?

Charlie Peacock
👍

Thu 17 Oct 2013, 16:20

I know just the place where this facility can be provided - The New Community Centre!!
I hope that, in future, the residents of Charlbury give more support to the fund raising events because the sooner the funds reach the target the sooner construction of the Community Centre can commence.
This facility will be of great benefit to Charlbury and without doubt be enjoyed by young and old, so let's get behind the CCCA Committee and give them your support.

Kat Patrick
👍

Wed 16 Oct 2013, 23:14

Now that's a thoughtful possibility, Helen!

Helen Holwill
👍

Fri 11 Oct 2013, 11:57

How about a separate room where kids can watch a film (perhaps even for a small fee, thereby raising more money, with popcorn, etc) while another more adult-orientated event is going on?

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Fri 11 Oct 2013, 08:34

I suppose you have to put on something that lots of people want to go to.

Kat Patrick
👍

Thu 10 Oct 2013, 23:09

It takes more than prior warning to get a babysitter -- it's actually quite costly, on the one hand, and almost impossible sometimes to find someone who's free to do it on the other. I know that's not the point of this post, but I thought it needed to be said.

Anthony Horn
👍

Thu 10 Oct 2013, 22:00

Being one of the CCCA committee members, I find it sad that the younger people of the community, who will benefit from the new centre, make little effort to support the many events we run over the course of the year. There is always plenty of prior warning to arrange baby sitters! It appears always to be the same ones time after time who attend and support us.
Thanks must also go to Tommy at the Rose for bailing us out with Hooky when the barrel at the wacky races ran dry and also gave us discount which all helped fill the coffers.

Simon Towers
👍

Sat 5 Oct 2013, 10:11

I have just spent a most enjoyable evening playing 'wacky'races as a fund raising event for our new community centre. Downside was apathy of residents to turn out and support our common aim.Chipping Norton Lions did a sterling job of running the event as did Sue Cooper and her team, well done to them!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.