Recycling calendars

Harriet Baldwin
👍

Tue 8 Oct 2013, 08:55 (last edited on Tue 8 Oct 2013, 08:57)

Liz I have one for Monica and will be taking it round later

BTW, they told me it's because it cost them £12K to post them last year, so it's easier not to do so.

Liz Leffman
👍

Tue 8 Oct 2013, 08:46 (last edited on Tue 8 Oct 2013, 08:48)

Thanks for the printable version, Richard. I will be going to the Town Centre Shop today to pick up a copy for my neighbour and will collect a few extras and leave them at the Corner House. I will also pass on people's concerns to the officers

Andrea Swinburne
👍

Sun 6 Oct 2013, 14:08

You can only pick up a copy between Mon & Fri in Witney. I can only get in over the weekend & despite I could see copies of the calendar just a few feet from where I was standing - I was told I could only pick up a copy during the week & not the weekend!!

Pippa Nash
👍

Sat 5 Oct 2013, 14:06

I am not sure how I missed that this wasn't being sent out anymore. I'm glad they are still producing it as I find the West Oxon council pages horrific to navigate. It will be quicker for me to nip into Witney and get some copies. If anyone wants one, let me know and I'll see if I can collect a few.

Harriet Baldwin
👍

Sat 5 Oct 2013, 11:13

I just went into the council offices and got several to hand out to people. Since I was in Witney it saves me print and the council have a box load waiting fro anyone to come in and get them if needed.

Veronica Stallwood
👍

Fri 4 Oct 2013, 19:56

As one of 'the elderly' with a mono printer, I downloaded the pdf file from the Council site, printed it out, then took a green highlighter and filled in the green boxes. Took me under two minutes, in spite of my advanced age.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Fri 4 Oct 2013, 17:32

I've quickly knocked up a version where the green is replaced by thick black-edged boxes: here it is. Hoorah for Adobe Illustrator.

Frank Payne
👍

Fri 4 Oct 2013, 16:45

It will print if downloaded as a pdf file with correct printer settings. Printing from their web site will fail. Unless you have a colour printer, it will show all the colour coding for which collections on which days in grey, completely useless and I feel a total disgrace. I suspect there are a lot of elderly who don't use the internet, and almost certainly don't have a colour printer.

Angus B
👍

Fri 4 Oct 2013, 16:10

I tried to print one and got only a piece of blank paper so I telephoned and they're sending me one. The young lady told me they're not sending them out as a matter of course but, if you ask for one,....

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Fri 4 Oct 2013, 12:46

Now that WODC are not producing the annual recycling calendars for our fridge doors, we have to print our own. OK if you have internet access. If you don't, not only will you get no calendar, but you won't know why, and of course you won't be able to print your own copy.

More information here.

So may I suggest that if you have friends or neighbours with no internet, you print a copy of the calendar and give it to them, informing them of the change?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.