Street fair Bunting ?

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Wed 18 Sep 2013, 09:17

Thanks for the replies think that it must be the lack of the bell sign post that makes it look bare, surprising how the lack of one item alters how something looks or is that just me ?
I do like the idea of using the Christmas tree brackets to old some sort of pennants or flags of some kind think that would really effective

Peter Kenrick
👍

Tue 17 Sep 2013, 07:38

The extent of the bunting is in fact the same as it has been for many years although it is true that we used to loop the bunting around the Bell sign. Unfortunately we can't extend further down Church Street without getting access to attics and/or rooftops in each house because of the need to ensure clearance for double decker busses.

However we are considering new initiatives for 2014 including attractive pennants hanging vertically from the brackets used for Christmas trees throughout the centre of the town. I would be interested to hear opinions on this or any other suggestions to brighten the streets for Street Fair.

Jim Holah
👍

Mon 16 Sep 2013, 20:31

The Town Clerk, at the Councils request, has been pursuing the Brewery about a replacement signpost but they steadfastly decline to respond.

Rachael Lunney
👍

Mon 16 Sep 2013, 17:57

I not sure. But it possible because of time. as lack of volunteers also worried about wind.

but don't worry the street will be packed on saturday with lots of stalls. but everyone please also don't forgot to go into Cotswold frames to look at the prize winning pictures they the best this year. also support a local bussiness who support the Street Fair. thanks Tim.

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Mon 16 Sep 2013, 15:48

Am I right in thinking the bunting used to be hooked all round the old bell signpost as well shame that's not there any more either as looks a bit bare without it anyone know if they're be getting a new one sometime ?

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Mon 16 Sep 2013, 08:54

What's happened to the street fair's bunting ? is the lack of it down Church street Charlbury's pointer to the government's austerity measures ?
Or are we due for some more to be installed this week ? I do hope so as it does look empty compared to previous years.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.