'A bit of a grumble'

Mark Sulik
👍

Fri 12 Jul 2013, 21:23

Did you try talking to the people about this ? If not, It was not that much of a problem . What is acceptable to one person , may not bee to another and what is the definition of noisy. Noisy and barking dogs are a issue currently in the town centre of charlbury on dyers hill and market street.....but that's just life !

It won't last for long.

Andrea Swinburne
👍

Sat 6 Jul 2013, 22:19

Thank you Jon & Geoff. Well the digger has been going all day took a break & has now just started going again 15 mins ago (10pm!). I'm assuming that these people have hired this digger for the weekend & using it as much as possible. But at 10pm at night! Great! Can't carry on for much longer surely?

Geoff Belcher
👍

Sat 6 Jul 2013, 16:52

Most local authorities will permit daytime working; and will typically limit noisy works to between the hours of 8am and 6pm Monday-Friday, 8am-2pm Saturday with no noisy works permitted on Sundays and Bank Holidays. Hours can vary and evening and weekend works may be permitted in certain circumstances.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Sat 6 Jul 2013, 09:47

Environmental Health dept at WODC will answer those questions for you. Also take action if appropriate. They have an emergency out of hours number too. Do let us know the outcome. It could happen to any of us!

Andrea Swinburne
👍

Sat 6 Jul 2013, 06:29

Yesterday after getting back from work - I found my garden & the road (been The Slade) consumed in thick smoke from a bonfire that somebody decided was a good idea to light on an estate next to the road (not good if you are a asthmatic either I can tell you!). Not only that. They'd hired a digger for good measure which could still be heard been used gone 9.30pm (could of even been later).
And now this morning - that same digger has been out there since at least 5am, may even be from first light & will probably continue all day & evening with the occasional bonfire to smoke everyone out again! So no washing hung outside me thinks!
I thought there were laws that people could not have bonfires so close to other houses or roads? And laws about using machine's certain times of day?
Grumble over - for now anyway...

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.