Is it me or is it really hard to find property in Charlbury?

Megan Bell
👍

Thu 15 Jun 2006, 15:49

Yes, we viewed that one - you're right, it is lovely, esp garden!
We ideally want period though so think we'll rent for a while and wait it out.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Wed 14 Jun 2006, 17:31

Just seen a board go up in Lees Heights - No 6. Very nice house, I think the asking price is £499,995 but there is a small granny annex with the house. On with Chancellors. Good luck

Megan Bell
👍

Tue 6 Jun 2006, 17:03

Thanks, Susie. That development's rather controversial, isn't it? Still at least it's small scale. We're hoping to have moved sooner but will bear that in mind.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Mon 5 Jun 2006, 19:00

Just heard that the Greystones development has been granted planning permission. There will be four large houses, plus four flats for sale. The flats will be adjacent to the Slade, but the houses will be accessed from Wychwood Close. They are all 4 bedroomed. I think the developer is Avoncroft in Stratford upon Avon. Hope this helps.

Megan Bell
👍

Thu 1 Jun 2006, 10:29

Nothing available, unfortunately. Meanwhile, still chasing up agents and have put notice up in News & Things. If anyone does know of property, please could you e-mail me - meganrmoore@hotmail.com
Many thanks!

Megan Bell
👍

Thu 1 Jun 2006, 08:43

I'll call Peter, then, thanks!

Helen Wilkinson
👍

Wed 31 May 2006, 13:16

Peter Burchett sometimes has property to rent. Tel 01608 810218

Megan Bell
👍

Wed 31 May 2006, 10:43

Thanks, Neil - it's definitely gone now, so still hunting.
If anyone knows of any property to rent privately, pls let me know!
Many thanks!

Neil
👍

Mon 29 May 2006, 16:01

Hi Meg
6 Dyers Hill is "under offer" but the letting has not yet gone through. Suggest you pester Fairfax to ensure you are first in the queue to view if the potential tenant is not successful.
Good luck!

Megan Bell
👍

Fri 26 May 2006, 17:36

Thanks, a bit far then, especially for the kids. We'll have to wait for something to come up actually in Charlbury itself then.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Fri 26 May 2006, 14:02

I'd guess it's about two miles' walk. There's a scrollable map linked from the 'town' page (see above) with 1km grid squares - 1km=about two thirds of a mile.

Megan Bell
👍

Fri 26 May 2006, 12:34

Hi - so is through the park a quick route on foot to Finstock? Excuse my ignorance, still getting to know the area!

John Munro
👍

Thu 25 May 2006, 15:02

There is a footpath that cuts across and around Cornbury Park, might be a bit muddy in the winter, but very enjoyable.

Megan Bell
👍

Thu 25 May 2006, 14:54

Thanks, Katie. I've checked that - looks promising but we're ideally after walking distance of Charlbury centre. Is Finstock walkable, do you know?

Katie R
👍

Wed 24 May 2006, 09:50

There's one on www.cornburypark.co.uk

John Munro
👍

Tue 23 May 2006, 18:13

Certainly doesn't, but that is because it is such a nice place to live!

Megan Bell
👍

Tue 23 May 2006, 18:05

This is great, almost as good as being there in person! Thanks, but just heard from agent that Dyer's Hill has gone (hadn't even been able to see it). He says should be new ones on soon though. Doesn't take long for them to rent, does it?

John Munro
👍

Tue 23 May 2006, 18:00

6 Dyers Hill has a Fairfax 'To Let' board on it at the moment

Megan Bell
👍

Tue 23 May 2006, 17:36

Thanks - just checked that. Some gorgeous properties, pricey too!

John Munro
👍

Tue 23 May 2006, 17:11

You should also try the Blenheim Estate Office as they own quite a lot of rental property in the area

Megan Bell
👍

Tue 23 May 2006, 16:59

Hi again
I'm in contact with Fairfax, Chancellors (witney for rentals), Finders and Kings & Woolley - think I've got them all covered?
Yes, maybe we should place an ad in the window - last time I checked though there were another couple of rental properties wanted rather than offered. Hope this changes, sure it will given time.

John Munro
👍

Tue 23 May 2006, 16:29

Which agents are you in contact with for a rental property?

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Tue 23 May 2006, 15:41

Have you tried the ads in News & Things' window? Properties for rent quite often appear there.

Megan Bell
👍

Tue 23 May 2006, 14:11

Thanks, John. Might find ourselves doing the same, should we even be able to rent (agents not overly helpful shall we say!). Ideally we're after a period 4 bed (or 3 bed if good-sized) and realise we will have quite a wait! In the meantime, we're looking for somewhere not too expensive to rent (min 3 beds).

John Munro
👍

Tue 23 May 2006, 09:48

Meg
We can sympathise with you wholeheartedly. We only managed to find a rented property 2 weeks before we completed the sale of our last house and then after being here for 4 months agreed to purchase our rented property as nothing suitable had come on to the market!
All we can suggest is that once you get a rented property here, pester the two agents on a daily basis...they will get so fed up with you that they will probably go out of their way to find a property for you!
Can't remember exactly what sort of property you are looking for, but there might be a few new ones being built on The Slade later in the year, subject to the developer getting the permissions he needs.

Megan Bell
👍

Mon 22 May 2006, 21:39

I know it's small, but we're really struggling to find property suitable for a family to either rent or buy. Any tips from others who've been in this position?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.