Greystones

glena chadwick
👍

Tue 2 Jul 2013, 23:14

Totally agree David-----especially as we showed that all the reasons given for closing Dean Pit were erroneous ('they' even admitted that when we proved that DP didn't need the enormous anount of money spending on it that had been alleged that 'they' were actually referring to Redbridge and it was a case of 'crossed wires'). Heads should have rolled, apologies should have been made and the decision to close DP should have been revoked----instead they tried to get out of it by promising Greystones-----would always have been much simpler and cheaper to reopen DP.

David Court
👍

Tue 2 Jul 2013, 15:03

Plan B should be to reopen Dean Tip infact I think Plan A should also be to reopen Dean Tip

Liz Leffman
👍

Thu 27 Jun 2013, 17:22

Why not? We can't let this rest and if in the end Greystones does get thrown out then we need a plan B

Kate Smith
👍

Thu 27 Jun 2013, 09:17

Well done Liz for staying on the case - would it help if everyone who signed the original petition wrote to their local MP (assuming an e-mail address can be found for him that works...)?

Liz Leffman
👍

Thu 27 Jun 2013, 08:27

Following yesterday's council meeting, the Lib Dem and Labour groups on WODC have successfully called for the Cabinet decision on Greystones to be examined by a scrutiny committee. I will let you know how this goes.

Pearl Manners
👍

Mon 24 Jun 2013, 15:51

That's a brilliant idea Malcolm, I wonder if Liz Leffman will be working towards that on Wednesday.

Malcolm Biranek
👍

Mon 24 Jun 2013, 15:42

So how about a campaign to have Dean Pit reopened :)

LINDA HILSDON
👍

Mon 24 Jun 2013, 14:47

www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/10501950.Plans_for_recycling_centre_scrapped/

Anthony Merry
👍

Mon 24 Jun 2013, 08:37

They certainly are. Checking prices for recycled materials over the past two years there has been little change and this year look very steady. This just like an excuse to me and there is no reason why the scheme should not still be perfectly viable. Good luck with the campaign Liz.

Liz Leffman
👍

Sat 22 Jun 2013, 09:05

Some people have asked me about the report in the Oxford Mail that the Greystones recycling proposal was thrown out as no longer viable by the WODC Cabinet last Wednesday. The Lib Dem and Labour groups on WODC are calling the decision in for further discussion at the next full council meeting on Wednesday. We hope to be able to get them to revisit the proposal as we think that the reasons for dismissing it are flawed.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.