Proposal by OCC to change transport to school provision.

Helen Wilkinson
👍

Mon 15 Jul 2013, 17:44

Vote on proposals due tomorrow has had last minute postponement

www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/news/2013/jul/update-home-school-transport-proposals

First skirmish won - but conflict continues.

Helen Wilkinson
👍

Thu 27 Jun 2013, 11:42

If you have not already done so - a plea for people to respond to the consultation. This proposals affect many parents and schools in Oxfordshire. We have managed to get a meeting with David Cameron in July.
Thank you.

Helen Wilkinson
👍

Wed 19 Jun 2013, 09:00

Further to my recent message, you may have seen the coverage on BBC television yesterday and radio this morning concerning the proposal to change to provision of school bus transport in Oxfordshire.
Please use this link to respond ?" it takes you directly to the consultation.
bit.ly/11IcUQs
I would urge as many people as possible to respond to this consultation. Even if you do not have children directly affected, this proposal has not had any impact studies on local traffic, for example, at the moment 850 students at Burford School come by dedicated school bus. The impact on local roads and the environment has not been assessed, this will affect everyone. Many schools across Oxfordshire are affected.
We can only change these proposals if enough people object.

Helen Wilkinson
👍

Tue 18 Jun 2013, 13:00

BBC filmed at Bampton Primary and Burford School this morning - article should be broadcast in the 6.30 local news slot this evening.

Graham Chamberlain
👍

Fri 14 Jun 2013, 11:56

The document can be found on the OCC website at: www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/content/free-or-concessionary-travel-school#policies

It is the second item in the 2013-2014 list

Helen Holwill
👍

Fri 14 Jun 2013, 10:37

Could you post a link to the proposal information itself? That would be very helpful as I'd also like to see how it affects other villages/schools.

Helen Wilkinson
👍

Fri 14 Jun 2013, 09:02

Urgent! Please read and respond to the OCC proposal ?" even if it does not affect you personally.
OCC acknowledge that this will affect most schools in Oxfordshire and that they say it is a cost saving exercise.
There are a number of proposals but I would draw people's attention…

Long post - click to read full text

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.