Charlbury Canoe Club

Elizabeth Watson
👍

Fri 16 Jun 2006, 10:59

Yes indeed it must have been a different Lizzie! Sounds fun though - your capsize drills at least it's in the summer rather than winter. I capsized before a race on the Tideway in February one year, just before Chiswick bridge and I've never been so cold in my life - particularly with just a rowing lycra on!

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Thu 15 Jun 2006, 17:23

I think that was a different Lizzie, Neil... but you did meet me on Sunday though!

Neil MacAlpine
👍

Thu 15 Jun 2006, 16:48

Wah, did I get the right lizzie? I am not sure the one I was posting to has a car. Or am I royally confused?

Neil MacAlpine
👍

Thu 15 Jun 2006, 16:47

I haven't been here for a while, but our paths did cross, at the Canoe Club, Lizzie. I didn't realise you were a secret paddler, with a very smart canoe (sorry, kayak).
I am looking at getting into kayaking really, and am missing the England game tonight (makes me really sorry....)to do a kayaking course on the Thames. First lesson is capsize drills, so after Hugh's Sunday Tutorial I have the basic idea. I've got my wetsuit with me tonight though.

Elizabeth Watson
👍

Thu 8 Jun 2006, 07:43

Well I may well be - having hung up my rowing blades for the time being. I am having water withdrawal...

Richard Broughton
(site admin)
👍

Wed 7 Jun 2006, 21:51

Next time you are passing the corner house notice board--toward the bottom (last time I looked about a week ago) there was a notice from the Charlbury Canoe Club saying that they got together on Sundays at their shed on Watery Lane and newcomers were welcome to stop by. I believe the time was about 2:30 pm, but if you are interested, check out the noticeboard.

kate southey
👍

Wed 7 Jun 2006, 17:48

The river!

Elizabeth Watson
👍

Wed 7 Jun 2006, 13:09

Without sounding facitious - where do you canoe?

Neil MacAlpine
👍

Wed 17 May 2006, 11:01

Thanks for the info, though the email address doesn't work. Is there another one?

Thanks again,
Neil.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Tue 16 May 2006, 20:02

Try hughb@eurobell.co.uk .

Mark Wilson
👍

Tue 16 May 2006, 16:15

The club is run by Hugh Belshaw, but I don't know his tel number - probably in book.

cheers
Mark

Neil MacAlpine
👍

Tue 16 May 2006, 10:32

I wonder if anyone knows if the Canoe Club is still extant, and who to contact?

Thanks,
Neil.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.