Charlbury African Drums Storage

Leah Fowler
👍

Wed 5 Jun 2013, 16:46

If they are stored in Charlbury are they going to be used? If not they should go somewhere where they will be used

David McCutcheon
👍

Wed 5 Jun 2013, 16:22

The list goes on - the Cricket Club (the old pavilion?), Nine Acres Pavilion, all of the churches and even all of the pubs. The whereabouts of these drums have been discussed on here before, so I'm glad they have finally surfaced, hopefully for the benefit of Charlbury for years to come.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Wed 5 Jun 2013, 13:01

Asked the Bell if you could store in their barn? Also what about approaching Methodist Hall to see if they have room for storage. Also Shed Theatre, Scout Hut or someone must have an empty barn or garage these could be stored in. Have you asked Andy Gomm if he has any room at his workshop?

nikki
👍

Tue 4 Jun 2013, 22:28

Hello suzy, yes, I've asked that too and there is not enough space. Thank you though.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Mon 3 Jun 2013, 07:36

What about under the stage in the Memorial Hall?

nikki
👍

Sun 2 Jun 2013, 22:00

Hi John, thanks but yes, have also asked Kath.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Sat 1 Jun 2013, 10:00

Have you checked with Kath Lucas? Sounds ideal for one of her groups.

nikki
👍

Sat 1 Jun 2013, 08:50

Hi again Suzy, thanks but yes , I have asked Corner House and CADS etc etc. I have options to move them to 'out of charlbury' community music groups which, unless storage becomes available in Charlbury, I will go ahead with at end of June.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Fri 31 May 2013, 16:48

Have you asked if there is any room to store in one of the top rooms in the Corner House or in the Cottage? I am sure there must be enough room to be able to store them.

Suzy M-H
👍

Fri 31 May 2013, 14:14

If you can't find a home for them, my daughter says she would like to buy one!

nikki
👍

Wed 29 May 2013, 22:50

Charlbury Primary school have declined them as they say they have no storage . I haven't asked Chipping Norton school yet as wanted to find place in Charlbury first . Thanks for suggestion.

Suzy M-H
👍

Wed 29 May 2013, 21:05

Have you thought of offering them to either Charlbury Primary or Chipping Norton school perhaps?

nikki
👍

Wed 29 May 2013, 08:18

The African Drumming group that folded several years ago , bought 20 -25 drums for Charlbury Community to use. The group ran music classes and workshops for children and adults as well as providing entertainment at local community events. These drums need storage within Charlbury Community by the end of June, otherwise they will need to be donated to another community/Town to use instead. Please let me know if you can help keep them in this community.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.