Adverts

john h
👍

Tue 28 May 2013, 17:46

Quite simple really, if an item has not sold after being on the ads page after a month,it is my guess it "aint gonna sell", site admin could then erase it automaticlly after one month,then no one will get upset! The item could always be re-advertised at a later date,it may well sell then,I had this happen with an item I had put up for sale.

John H

Clare Carswell
👍

Mon 27 May 2013, 20:17

Susie, site admin, asked me recently if I would like her to remove the several ads I had posted about Bella being missing and that was very helpful of her. We agreed that she would do that but that we would leave up the one letting everyone know that Bella had been found as so many people had looked for her. It is of course best if advertisers remember to remove ads but perhaps also a good idea if is site admin that keep an eye on the ads page and prompt people to do this rather than other users sending messages to people about this. I had a very curt one sent to me recently on this matter that read more as an order than a polite request, and being rude is never helpful is it ?

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Sun 26 May 2013, 18:39

Nicola - I echo your thoughts and it would be very handy to have them all removed once sold. This way more of the adverts will be available to see. Andrea, the only way an advert can be removed is if either you or one of the Admin Team has removed it. I doubt if any of the Admin team would have done this.

Andrea Swinburne
👍

Sun 26 May 2013, 17:27

My advert got removed and I hadn't even sold the items!

Nicola Morgan
👍

Sat 25 May 2013, 17:30

The advert section of the website is great - but plese, when you've sold or given up on selling the items, would you remove the ad?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.