Charlbury Parish Boundary Walk Rogation Sunday 5th May

Anthony Merry
👍

Fri 10 May 2013, 09:15

Thanks to all who came on this walk. We had 14 people in all and it was an enjoyable and very pleasant walk. For those of you who missed it there is always next year !

Harriet Baldwin
👍

Sat 4 May 2013, 16:17

Lifts will be available from the station to the oak tree from 9:30.
If you let me know where you want a lift from/to I may be able to arrange it.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Sat 4 May 2013, 09:11

See your Green Hub website, Janet!

Janet Sly
👍

Fri 3 May 2013, 20:21

In past years there has been the possibility of lifts from the station to the start of the walk at the old oak tree and for people to join or leave the walk at certain road crossing points. Will this be offered this year and, if so, who do we contact to arrange a lift?

Anthony Merry
👍

Fri 3 May 2013, 19:35

Yes as I said we thought of the grandsons but ;
1. My daughter was not really happy about it
2. They are getting quite big now and I think they would probably fight back and basically I am a coward !

Leah Fowler
👍

Fri 3 May 2013, 09:59

Pity about not beating the boys!

Anthony Merry
👍

Thu 2 May 2013, 22:29

I would like to remind everyone that the Annual Boundary Walk will take place this Sunday
Harriet Baldwin will lead this walk which starts from the Old Oak at the top of Forest Road past the station and then goes through Cornbury.
The distance for the whole boundary is just over 10 miles but shorter walks can be mode by joining or leaving the walk where it crosses the Wocdstock and Enstone roads.
The walk offers the possibility of walk on paths which are not public rights of way.
We have walked the route recently and are glad to report that it is quite dry for most of the walk and easy to walk this year.
For more information please contact me by email at anthony.merry@manchester.ac.uk
Due to special agreements with Landowners you may only walk as part of the official group and NO dogs are allowed.
We hope you will be able to join us
The walk has a strong historic tradition in marking the Parish Boundary but nowadays I can guarantee that no boys will be beaten on Sunday !
The walk will start at 10.00 am with lifts available form the station.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.