News of Malcolm

Janet Sly
👍

Tue 2 May 2006, 23:29

As Malcolm is such a regular contributor to this site, I (his other half, by the way) don't think he will mind me posting up a report on his progress following his accident at Nine Acres (and subsequent helicopter ride) on Sunday. Quite a drama!

He is now relatively comfortable (and very bored) in the John Radcliffe after his dislocated hip was put back in its right place by the medics. Only trouble is, he now has to avoid moving it which means mostly lying with his body no more than 45 degrees from the horizontal for 6 weeks. Some walking on crutches. (Probably won't keep him off the forum for long though...)

So, if you wondered what the air ambulance was doing on Sunday morning at Nine Acres - now you know. Malcolm had always wanted a ride in a helicopter but this was not what he had in mind... And for those of you who know Malcolm and his stance on global warming, rather ironic that the heatlh service chose to send both an ambulance and a helicopter thus increasing Malcolm's carbon foot print this year considerably... though apparently it was the most convenient use of resources.

We are hoping he will be home by the weekend, albeit with very restricted mobility. At present he is in Ward 2A at the JR.

Heartfelt thanks to those who helped us or offered help on Sunday, and especially to Neil, and to all those who have wished Malcolm well. You can contact me at jsly@oxlug.org if you want to send Malcolm a message.

Hope everyone else had fun on the fun run/bike ride/walk.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.