Dean Pit

Kat Patrick
👍

Sat 4 May 2013, 13:01

You go, Girl!

Liz Leffman
👍

Sat 4 May 2013, 11:32

I went to have a look at Dean Pit the other day. In spite of the fact that they were going to spend thousands on landscaping the site, nothing has been done and the lane down to the site is a true disgrace with rubbish tipped all over it, much of it from the neighbouring farm. I will be taking this up with our new county councillor.

Malcolm Biranek
👍

Thu 2 May 2013, 21:53

Funny how politicians suffer from amnesia,especially around election times!

stephen cavell
👍

Thu 2 May 2013, 19:35

I totally agree with you Ann

Ann Harper
👍

Thu 2 May 2013, 17:06

Having been away I've just read Rodney Roses's leaflet. He says nothing on the closure of Dean Pit but seems to take a Pontius Pilate attitude to the West Oxfordshire District Council's attempts to open Greystones - nothing to do with me gov. But it was our former County Councillor, Neil Owen, who almost fell over himself with enthusiasm to close Dean at a County Council planning meeting. No wonder he was moved to another constituancy; he would have been shredded on Charlbury doorsteps. They could all save themselves (and us come to think of it) £200,000 + by re-openning Dean.

Deborah Longshaw
👍

Fri 26 Apr 2013, 12:52

As with most things these days little is done with the consideration of the majority in mind only the minority ( the ones to whom the closure of Dean Pit has no affect at all)!

Malcolm Biranek
👍

Thu 25 Apr 2013, 11:33 (last edited on Thu 25 Apr 2013, 11:38)

"inappropriateness"
Probably the one or two very well connected people who live near to it thought it was inappropriate! What other possible reason could there be?
Perhaps hypocrisy.

Ann Harper
👍

Thu 25 Apr 2013, 01:13

If the Conservative candidate calls round canvassing for the local elections do ask him why Dean Pit was closed. We've been given many reasons, the lastest being "inappropriateness". If he mentions that Greystones cannot be opened because of unreasonable charges by Chipping Norton Council suggest as an alternative ... Dean Pit.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.