Gardening in March

Harriet Baldwin
👍

Tue 26 Mar 2013, 18:35

I have seen plenty of my garden this year, it hasn't been freezing the whole time so things have been moved, pruned, split etc.

I sowed some experimental tomatoes in January (admittedly expecting to be able to put them out for an hour or so during the day now) and they are doing fine, not leggy at all much to my surprise given that they live on the windowsill. Buds have appeared so unless the weather improves I'll also be experimenting with pollinating them with a brush at some stage. I sowed chocolate habanero chilis at the same time, they're also doing OK. We also have yacon and oca in pots waiting to go out.

Liz Reason
👍

Tue 26 Mar 2013, 18:10

I went up to Hilltop to buy some garden-friendly weather but they hadn't got any in stock.

Kathy Broughton
👍

Sun 24 Mar 2013, 18:38

I just have a few sown indoors. I live in hope of being able to get out in my garden before I become too old and decrepit to do so!

brian
👍

Sun 24 Mar 2013, 12:31

Not yet...but all of a sudden it will warm up, and there will be no stopping us. Mark 24th June in your diary!

Kate Smith
👍

Sun 24 Mar 2013, 12:15

Most months we run a discussion on what people are doing in their gardens that month.... Has anyone else even seen their garden in the last six months? I'm beginning to feel very disillusioned and can't bring myself even to sow any seeds as I think they will germinate and promptly keel over of the cold. Is anyone else sowing?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.