Late-night trains this week

Stephen Andrews
👍

Thu 7 Mar 2013, 10:13

William, Just to thank you for posting this information - I had to go for a evening event on Tuesday and managed to amend my travel plans as a result. Much appreciated!

William Crossley
👍

Wed 6 Mar 2013, 23:57 (last edited on Wed 6 Mar 2013, 23:58)

I think John has pretty well summarised other forthcoming alterations. I posted about the late trains not running this week because I remember people posting here in the past about being caught unawares by similar alterations and finding themselves on a bus from Oxford.

As well as the timetable book John mentions, there is lots of information about changes to services due to the work at Reading over Easter and the following week at the FGW website, as well as links to pdfs of the revised timetable, see www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/Your-journey/Rail-improvements/Reading-station-improvements

John Stanley
👍

Wed 6 Mar 2013, 10:28

After this week's late night changes, trains will also be affected on Sundays 10th and 17th March. Due to engineering work, buses will replace trains between Oxford and Didcot Parkway until 1600, and Cotswold Line trains will not run beyond Oxford.

Please remember that there will be major changes to train services over the Easter period due to work at Reading. A revised timetable book is available at stations.

brian
👍

Wed 6 Mar 2013, 07:50

If you check the FGW website there are updates for all engineering works week by week. Any last minute alterations are added each Friday.

Edward Fenton
👍

Tue 5 Mar 2013, 23:14

Hello William - that is really useful. To your knowledge, is that the full extent of the changes? We have suffered as a result of unexpected changes between Charlbury and Reading over recent days, and wonder if there is anything we need to know regarding services between Charlbury/Oxford/Didcot/Bath at the end of this week. Unfortunately we have discovered that the printed timetable is no longer reliable. Many thanks!

William Crossley
👍

Sun 3 Mar 2013, 12:51

A warning that this is one of the weeks when Network Rail carries out extended overnight maintenance on the Cotswold Line, so from Monday to Thursday, the 21.48 from London Paddington to Worcester will be replaced by a bus west of Oxford and the 21.51 from Hereford to London will be replaced by a bus between Worcester and Oxford. Both trains will operate as normal on Friday night.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.