puddles on the station footbridge

graham W
👍

Sat 29 Dec 2012, 22:50

Doh!!

John Dora
👍

Sat 29 Dec 2012, 14:18

I must admit to not wearing safety googles! Is this some new kind of wearable search engine?

graham W
👍

Sat 29 Dec 2012, 10:13

I hope you had your Hi Viz, safety googles and harness on, as well as completing a risk assement and then wait for approval before doing this;-)

John Dora
👍

Fri 28 Dec 2012, 22:49

Took a closer look at the bridge today and found four holes which had been drilled to release puddle water. All were blocked up with grit or leaves. Not surprising as they are only about 1/4" or slightly less in diameter. Took a piece of wire as well, and managed to clear three with the wire! A ray of hope, from John Dory???...NO! it's an A not a Y!

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Fri 28 Dec 2012, 11:18

Have you sealed our fate?

Stephen Andrews
👍

Thu 27 Dec 2012, 18:12

But it might be fit for porpoise.

David Homewood
👍

Thu 27 Dec 2012, 17:43

This bridge is clearly not fit for purpose....

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Mon 24 Dec 2012, 14:55

If someone had told me that Network Rail didn't have an adequate spec for a footbridge over a railway, I wouldn't have believed them. Now I'll believe anything.

Except predictions of the end of the world.

John Stanley
👍

Mon 24 Dec 2012, 10:45

On behalf of the Cotswold Line Promotion Group, I reported this matter to Teresa Ceesay (FGW Cotswold Line Manager) some while ago. She has responded by saying that Network Rail will be giving attention to it in the New Year.

John Dora
👍

Sun 23 Dec 2012, 12:04

I thought they did drill a hole shortly after they realised there was a problem, but I imagine the hole was too small and has become blocked up. There are also small slots around the edges of the walkway - easily clogged by the fine chippings used as non-slip surfacing, by leaves etc.

John Munro
👍

Sat 22 Dec 2012, 18:31

Presumably it only needs someone to drill a hole at the deepest point of the puddle and just let the water drip through?

John Dora
👍

Sat 22 Dec 2012, 12:22

I usually contact FGW regarding the poor train service via fgwfeedback@firstgroup.com. The footbridge was part of the Cotswold Line Redoubling Project by Network Rail, and the puddle is caused by what I regard as poor detailing of the bridge design where drainage has not been properly considered.

Rachael Lunney
👍

Fri 21 Dec 2012, 06:22

It always the same,

Shelagh Scott
👍

Thu 20 Dec 2012, 22:46

How do we get FGW to fix the footbridge, where a large puddle forms on the way across from the new platform? Tonight,arriving home on a train which was 95 minutes late, having to wade through several inches of water was the last straw!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.