Dog Mess

jessica youngson
👍

Fri 30 Nov 2012, 21:14

I agree Chris it is digusting around Woodfield drive several gardens including mine have had dog mess on them. I have a cocker spaniel and would not allow him to foul on our front lawn let alone anyone else's dog. It is so irresponsible and annoying when my two children have to be careful where they are walking when they leave our front door.

chris emsden
👍

Sun 25 Nov 2012, 11:10

I own 4 dogs, all trained/obedient/friendly & never allowed to be a nuisance to anyone, so I would class myself as a responsible dog owner. I have noticed there is more dog mess not being cleaned up around the Charlbury streets, I take my dogs up the fields as much/often as possible because they are working dog breeds that need a lot of exercise, but with the dark nights coming that isn't always possible. I think most of us know the diseases/infections that can be carried in dog mess, so it is your responsibility as a dog owner to make sure people (children in particular) cannot come into contact with it, so clean it up!!! Most people get carrier bags when they go shopping so use them, I personally go to the 99p shop in Witney where you can buy the proper bags with 200 in a box, 1000 bags for a £5, I have more dogs than most dog owners so someone with 1 dog, 2-3 boxes would last you a year! Lets face it if you can't afford the bags, how on earth can you afford a dog? It gets more responsible dog owners a bad name too.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.