Burglaries in Charlbury - be on the look-out!

Vickie J
👍

Sun 18 Nov 2012, 15:42

www.witneygazette.co.uk/news/10054271.Arrests_after_police_link_up_to_28_daytime_raids_in_west_of_county/

Simon Walker
👍

Thu 15 Nov 2012, 11:27

This looks as if it might have something to do with it:
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-20332964

Gang blamed for West Oxfordshire burglaries
A gang could be responsible for a spate of burglaries in 14 West Oxfordshire villages, police have said.

Detectives are linking 24 separate break-ins which have happened since the beginning of September.

They said the gang was operating during daylight hours and was particularly looking for gold jewellery.

Officers said they are stepping up patrols and appealed to anyone working outdoors to watch out for any suspicious activity.

stephen cavell
👍

Thu 15 Nov 2012, 07:36

I live in Wychwood House - the house converted into flats at the crossroads of Enstone Road and The Slade - we are part of Neighbourhood Watch and receive regular, helpful communications from the Police.

John Munro
👍

Wed 14 Nov 2012, 18:58

Scrub my previous reply, we don't appear to have a scheme down here after all, but looking on the Neighbourhood Watch website there appears to be one centred on Enstone Road/The Slade/The Green....

John Munro
👍

Wed 14 Nov 2012, 12:19

Clare
There is certainly a scheme running in our part of Charlbury, around Shilson Lane, but don't know how widespread it is.

Clare Carswell
👍

Wed 14 Nov 2012, 11:02

I have recently moved from East Oxford where I was one of the local contacts for the Thames Valley Neighbourhood Watch Scheme and I co-ordinated their excellent email service which advises of crime and incidents in the area. We had excellent support from the local police and saw a drop in crime in our area after we joined the scheme. The visibility of the signage, window stickers etc seems to be effective as a deterrent and shows that the community is alert and watchful. I can see that you are all looking out for each other and already passing on useful information and I wonder if there is a Neighbourhood Watch scheme operating in Charlbury ?

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Wed 14 Nov 2012, 10:47

A back gate off The Green, in a passageway where snooping would be the only reason for going at all if you don't live there, has its handle tested about once every ten days (the gate is bolted, but you can tell from the inside if someone has turned the handle).

Kat Patrick
👍

Tue 13 Nov 2012, 17:14

Motorcyclists, by the way, were innocent, but the police were glad to know that they could strike them off the list.

Kat Patrick
👍

Tue 13 Nov 2012, 17:13

Another burglary everybody. Someone who went out for only an hour, so the houses are being targeted and watched. Really, pay attention to anything weird, and make note however innocent. Today's burglary took place on Ditchley Road between about 11 am and noon.

Dog walker who are out in the day are especially encouraged to be observant, since you have regular patterns and would notice anything unusual.

Kat Patrick
👍

Sat 10 Nov 2012, 14:38

Dear Friends, I don't think I'll be compromising police enquiries to let you know that there have apparently been a spate of burglaries this past month. Please be vigilant for your neighbours' property, especially during the daytime. Anything slightly unusual, take note. For example, a friend of mine saw some motorcycles on Halloween night, congregating in an odd place, and took registration details. Perhaps the motorcyclists are completely innocent, but the extra information can do nothing but help the police as they search for the thieves.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.