Petition - Ali the Charlbury midwife

Helen Chapman
👍

Fri 23 Nov 2012, 10:17

I gather that she and Lou made some complaints about how things were run at Chippie and were suspended for their pains. I'm very sad that the birthing centre is currently shut - my second son was born there and it's a wonderful place. I've signed the petition too. Here's hoping the problems can be sorted and they can get back to work.

rosemary galli
👍

Sun 11 Nov 2012, 15:49

Also signed the petition. Please circulate it as 1,000 signatures are needed to get an inquiry opened and we have 380 to date. Many thanks.

Birgit den Outer
👍

Sat 10 Nov 2012, 14:06

I would like to know this too, although I have signed the petition. Alison was a great support before and after the birth of my two children.

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Fri 9 Nov 2012, 23:55

May I have the temerity to ask what the non-clinical reasons were given (if they were)?

Vickie J
👍

Fri 9 Nov 2012, 12:52

I am incredibly grateful for all the support Ali and Lou gave me when I had my daughter in 2008. The Chippy Midwife Team would not be the same without them.

Charlie M
👍

Fri 9 Nov 2012, 11:45

Signed. All power to this petition.

Diana Limburg
👍

Fri 9 Nov 2012, 10:06

Without her I doubt we could have had the homebirth that we wanted. Her support, calmness, expertise and flexibility all helped to make it a great experience (as far as you can say that of any birth). It would be very sad to loose her - and her colleague. I have signed the petition.

Meraud Ferguson Hand
👍

Thu 8 Nov 2012, 20:56

I've signed; I'll never forget her trudging around Charlbury in the deep snow of 2009 to visit and look after all of the new mums, and to help keep Tim and me (almost) sane looking after our newborn twins.

Liz Gupta
👍

Thu 8 Nov 2012, 16:35

I just found out that Ali, the lovely midwife who looked after me after my daughter was born has been suspended. I was a bit shocked and my instincts don't agree with this action. A petition has been set up which I thought some of you might be interested in signing to try and get her reinstated.

www.gopetition.com/petitions/cotswold-maternity-unit-petition/signatures.html

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.