Rubbish

Edward Fenton
👍

Mon 3 Sep 2012, 13:29

Hello Charlie - I did once think of organising a sponsored litterpick, not so much on Nine Acres as on Charlbury's approaches. A lot of sponsored activities are fun/challenging for the participant, but have no wider use - whereas a sponsored litterpick would have a double benefit ...

Charlie Peacock
👍

Mon 3 Sep 2012, 09:24

The lack of concern about the "previous subject" has been quite alarming.
New topic - Is anybody interested about the daily accumulation of rubbish on Nine Acres?
Apart from looking unsightly; children, footballers and dogs risk serious injury from broken glass etc.
I casually mentioned to the "Manager" at the Co-Op that he should perhaps put a "Stop Litter" notice on the entrance window but, as I expected, nothing was done.
Although I haven't seen him for some time, I think a big thankyou should be given to an elderly gentleman called Dennis who clears up all the bags, packaging and bottles, most, if not all, mornings.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.