Enstone Road crossroads - pothole

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Sat 11 Mar 2006, 20:57

Coincidence or what? I was just about to mention that pothole, as I am walking past it 4 or so times a day... even my 3 year old was remarking yesterday evening how badly it had been patched with "big lumps".

Specifically I was going to mention that incompetence - whoever patched it, did so with way outsize aggregate mix, for a start. It was clearly tamped down very poorly (though the right size stones help) and it wasn't sealed around the edges with tar. As a result it was fraying at the edge within a day or two of being patched.

Someone please stop wasting our money this way...

Now about those lights at the crossroads and up the Entone road a few metres so people crossing over to get to The Green and Hundley Way etc. aren't invisible after dark. I mentioned that to a county councillor last night.

No action thus far.

John Munro
👍

Sat 11 Mar 2006, 19:55

I assume someone has advised the council?

graham W
👍

Sat 11 Mar 2006, 10:54

Yet again the pothole has appeared at this junction, after how many times is been patched up. Surely the council(or whoever is responsible) take into account that at this junction commercial vehicles cannot go down to the town centre because of the weight limit, which means that they have to turn, causing the bodged patchup to lift.

If they did it properly in the first case, it would eliminate this problem re-occuring.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.