Were you disturbed by Wilderness?

Jess Hosking
👍

Mon 3 Sep 2012, 18:12

I think its really sad that so many people took the time to complain about the couple of hours noise from the festival, but no one has mentioned (or said thank you) for the large amount of money they raised for the community centre appeal.

Chris Bates
👍

Mon 3 Sep 2012, 09:55

This made the BBC News website....

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-19434082

Andrew Chapman
👍

Fri 17 Aug 2012, 09:07

You'll all no doubt be horrified/delighted to learn that early bird tickets for next year's Wilderness go on sale today at 10am! (Though I guess as usual the local-rate ones will be available later on.)

Emma Mortimer
👍

Thu 16 Aug 2012, 14:37

Here here Julie !

Julie Negus
👍

Thu 16 Aug 2012, 13:26

It's once a year people !

Charlie M
👍

Thu 16 Aug 2012, 10:33

As I said on another thread on this subject, the idea of there being a distinction made between noise from the festival and noise from (say) my car would smack of spoil-sportism! Let them go on until whatever time they wish, BUT with a specified noise limit measured from a specified fixed point. In view of the geography, I would suggest that the specified point might be somewhere like the letter box at Five Ways, thereby allowing representatives of both the festival AND the enforcers to make measurements in a quick and simple manner.

John Kearsey
👍

Thu 16 Aug 2012, 10:10

I went to Wilderness and thought it was great. I only heard the music at my house on the Sunday night. I agree that a midnight finish would be appropriate on the Sunday, as it seemed to be winding down in the afternoon with lots of people leaving.

Andrea Swinburne
👍

Wed 15 Aug 2012, 16:39

We also found the noise level far too high - especially on a Sunday night with work the following day - never mind having to get up in the early hours to drive to Heathrow & catch a flight! Having the noise from one band would of been enough, but we heard about 3 different bands, all playing at the same time. So you can imagine what that sounded like?! Again, as already commented - the music should finish no later than 11:30. A friend who lives in Chadlington was also disturbed by the noise throughout the day & night. Was not impressed.

Helen Wilkinson
👍

Tue 14 Aug 2012, 10:46

We also found the noise went on too loud, too late into Sunday night - (it was certainly louder than Saturday night).

Katie Ewer
👍

Tue 14 Aug 2012, 08:57

I live in Fawler and unfortunately, the noise on Sunday night was unacceptably loud, probably due to the wind direction as has been suggested. I wouldn't have minded if things had quietened down at midnight or so, but when it's all still in full swing at 2am, it's very unsociable. We had all the windows open as it was so warm and I spent much of the early hours trying to get my baby boy off to sleep and the noise was not helpful! As others have said on a Friday or Saturday night, fair enough, but not on a Sunday.

Edward Fenton
👍

Mon 13 Aug 2012, 23:00

I live on Crawborough, and couldn't hear any noise from the festival over the weekend. This morning there was the sound of some building work over at the primary school, and I did hear some complaints about this (mainly from members of my family who were trying to sleep). Personally I'm not bothered, because I think these works are best conducted during the school holidays. It would probably be a mistake for these works to take place in term time.

Pippa Nash
👍

Mon 13 Aug 2012, 22:29

I could faintly hear there was some music as I went to bed last night about 11pm, but fell asleep with the window open and wasn't disturbed after that, even being so near Cornbury at Five Ways. I don't have trouble sleeping, and I was exhausted after having so much fun on Saturday at the Festival. I thought the comment posted by Cornbury apologising showed their consideration for local residents.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Mon 13 Aug 2012, 21:57

Hi, I dont usually complain and would be the first to party away into the small wee hours, however last night, which was a bit muggy (so windows were open) I really couldnt go to sleep because of the noise - it was just there. So ended up having to close the windows - and this at 2am on a Monday morning - hence absolutely shattered for work today. I think it future, on a Sunday (school night) the festival should end no later than 11.30pm with no noise after that. Dont care about Saturday - it could go on all day and night.

Liz Leffman
👍

Mon 13 Aug 2012, 18:33

I'm very glad that you weren't disturbed, I wasn't either and in fact had a really good time at Wilderness on Saturday. But clearly it did disturb some people.

Helen Holwill
👍

Mon 13 Aug 2012, 16:12

I didn't attend, but was in Charlbury all weekend and wasn't disturbed by it at all. It sounds like a fabulous and well-planned event from what I have heard from people who did go.

Jackie Hague
👍

Mon 13 Aug 2012, 15:44

Hello Liz, as you may have read on another thread far from being disturbed by Wilderness I thoroughly enjoyed it. Perhaps people who were not disturbed should also be encouraged to email their thoughts to you in order for the planning officers to get a balanced view.:-)

Liz Leffman
👍

Mon 13 Aug 2012, 14:34

It's been suggested that although I have posted this in the previous thread, I also start a new thread so people can see it. So if you were disturnbed by Wilderness please let me know by e mail liz.leffman@westoxon.gov.uk. I'll pass this on to the officers so that they are aware when they are planning for next year.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.