White powder on the pavement

graham W
👍

Sat 21 Jul 2012, 10:48

And there was I hoping for a quick fix, blast!!

Emily Algar
👍

Wed 18 Jul 2012, 21:37

It is flour. I saw a group of runners out in very brightly coloured tshirts with the word 'Oxford' on them and they were sprinkling flour to mark the way.

Diana Limburg
👍

Wed 18 Jul 2012, 19:41

I noticed it too. Looks like flour to me, which I thought was quite a good idea for a 'treasure trail' as it will simply wash away without leaving a trace.

Andrew Greenfield
👍

Wed 18 Jul 2012, 19:24

It is in many places around us in Little Lees as well, not only on pavements, but also on some of the muddy footpaths around here. Our puppy found it very "interesting" before we could get her away from it, and probably did manage to eat a little bit of it.
I wonder if it is a powder of flour trail for children to follow, or some game of that sort, but if it is, it is very unthoughtful of whoever did it.

PS: Our puppy seems fine at the moment, after about 4 hours, but even so, it's a ridiculous thing for somebody to do!

Emma Mortimer
👍

Wed 18 Jul 2012, 18:42

Ive noticed it up Ticknell piece too !

Anne-Claire Loftus
👍

Wed 18 Jul 2012, 18:40

Noticed some strange piles of white powder dotted at regular intervals on some parts of the Slade, surrounding footpaths and Crawborough road. Does anyone know what this is? Is it something parents and pet owners should be made aware of?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.