TV reception.

Andrew Greenfield
👍

Mon 16 Jul 2012, 20:23

Hi Shelagh. As I said in the supermarket today, we had one day last week (can't remember in more detail) when the signal went awry on BBC channels to the point that they disappeared completely for a few seconds at a time.

If I press the "info" button on the set it shows the signal strength, along with the programme details. Normally we get a constant 72% signal strength, but at that time it was not above 60%, which gave a slightly pixilated picture, or even lower and the broadcast disappeared totally for a while.

This only happened on one day and has not repeated since, and as the weather was particularly appalling at the time I put it down to that. Maybe I'm right, maybe not, but at the moment we are back to the 72% signal strength, and great reception.

PS: Our pictures come from the local Walcot repeater, not direct from Oxford.

Robin Taylor
👍

Mon 16 Jul 2012, 14:04

Yes! Tennis and prior to that the Euro football. During the Murray final I retuned it, and it picked up the signal from Hannington (Berkshire, I think) and it's been fine ever since, so I'm more inclined to blame the transmitter than our equipment. Only problem is, we get the wrong local news now.

Shelagh Scott
👍

Mon 16 Jul 2012, 13:57

Is anyone else having problems with their TV? For the last few weeks our reception of all BBC channels has been terrible - making it impossible to watch anything like tennis. All other channels are ok. We have a booster aerial, and never had problems on our previous very old tv before the area went digital. We now have a new Sony Bravia and the signal through a Sony HDD recorder, and this worked well for the first few months. Any suggestions gratefully received.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.