Beer Festival Music - A Note To the Street Fair Organisers!

Dave Rudge
👍

Fri 20 Jul 2012, 16:58

Village Idiots - I can confirm that a bunch of Idiots from Stonesfield will be available to ROCK out Church Street!!!

Jingleidiot
Dave - Singer

Jackie Hague
👍

Fri 20 Jul 2012, 12:35

Hi Charlie, your original post has been very effective - we do take notice. How about joining the team and getting involved in deciding on entertainment and events which take place throughout the year? We have a drop in coffee morning at The Bull tomorrow from 11am until noon, if you have a mo come and join us.

Charlie M
👍

Fri 20 Jul 2012, 11:35

I second what John wrote! Thanks, both of you! This will be fun!

John Munro
👍

Thu 19 Jul 2012, 09:44

Well done Rachael and Peter. If Street Fair does now have Sam John & the Disciples, Jady Mirror and Stonesfield's Village Idiots on the Saturday Night then Church Street will be jumping and loads of people dancing....can't wait!

Rachael Lunney
👍

Tue 17 Jul 2012, 21:26

Just To Say, we have contact The Stonesfield Village Idiots and asked about street fair.

So hopefully we going to have three bands, none of which have ever played at street fair before and they all really good.

Charlie M
👍

Tue 17 Jul 2012, 10:00

John and Dave: Thank you very much for your kind remarks.
Rachael and Peter: If this all comes off, great news indeed, and thanks to both of you for your efforts!

Peter Kenrick
👍

Tue 17 Jul 2012, 08:10

Rachael and I (Street Fair Chairman) are working on this and think we can now find a slot for Stonesfield Village Idiots at THIS year's Street Fair.
Watch this space!

Dave: I will be in touch soon.

Dave Rudge
👍

Mon 16 Jul 2012, 17:43 (last edited on Mon 16 Jul 2012, 17:44)

Jingleidiot - Village Idiot Front man

Thank you Charlie for that brilliant review. The whole band absolutely loved playing the festival and hope to do so again next year. There are 13 of us all together. For more info go to www.jinglesentertainment.co.uk/stonesfieldvillageidiots

Unfortunately I have been speaking to Rachael Lunney who has told us that we cant do this years street fair but next year is possible.

Bye for now,

Dave (Jingleidiot)

mandy
👍

Sun 15 Jul 2012, 23:53

Thankyou to everyone that worked so hard in making the beer festival a fantastic day the bands were fab danced all night and the chicken curry i had was lovely It was a great day even the rain didnt stop us all have a great time well done.

John Munro
👍

Sun 15 Jul 2012, 21:06

Charlie,
I have to agree with every word of your review - brilliant band and just what Street Fair needs....

Charlie M
👍

Sun 15 Jul 2012, 11:08 (last edited on Sun 15 Jul 2012, 14:40)

After their fantastic appearance at the beer festival, I'd like to recommend that The Stonesfield Village Idiots are booked as the band for Charlbury Street Fair. I realise it may be too late for this year ... so please book them for next year! If you missed their performance at Charlbury Beer Festival, I present below an edited version of my review from another well-known forum:-

"... the musical highlight of the day - by far - was ... The Stonesfield Village Idiots. I kid you not!

It was obvious from the outset that this was a large band. I think I counted 12 of them, but that could have been due to seeing double due to the quantity of imbibed beer! They kicked off their set with "The Peter Gunn Theme", which brought a smile to many faces, including mine! The basic band comprised drums, bass, piano, guitar, viola(!) and tenor sax (all exhibiting impeccable musicianship!) ... plus one male and five female singers! The singers tended to swap round between songs, which worked very well. Their set incorporated songs by Bananarama, Abba, JJ Cale (a FAB version of "Call Me The Breeze"!) ... so I think it's fair to say that their musical influences are quite broad! The Stonesfield Village Idiots tore the place apart! By the last song, a fantastic version of "Shake a Tail Feather", they had the audience eating from the palm of their hand!

The Stonesfield Village Idiots MUST be booked for the Charlbury Street Fair! It is essential! They are exactly what the street fair needs!"

I should conclude by stating that I have no personal involvement or personal interest in this band. I hope that my suggestion may be considered.

Thank you.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.