Weee recycling in the Charlbury area

John Dora
👍

Fri 13 Jul 2012, 11:28

Do shops that sell electric items take old ones back under the WEEE regs?

Liz Leffman
👍

Thu 12 Jul 2012, 13:40

Unfortunately we won't be able to recycle lightbulbs or flourescent tubes in this bin, but I am assured that there will be a facility for these at Greystones when it opens.

Andrew Greenfield
👍

Wed 11 Jul 2012, 19:09

Will that include dead light bulbs, fluorescent tubes etc etc, or are they still a difficulty for Charlbury residents?

Alex Flynn
👍

Wed 11 Jul 2012, 15:53

Sounds like great news Liz. And about time too if this recylcling thing is going continue to work! Thanks Ian but it looks like I've had a better offer now! ;)

Liz Leffman
👍

Wed 11 Jul 2012, 15:37

And the good news is....Ive been to see one of the WODC officers and we are going to get a WEEE recycling bin in the next couple of weeks. It will be sited close to the recycling bins at the Spendlove.

Ian Taylor
👍

Mon 9 Jul 2012, 14:42

I know it's quite far, but there's one in Hook Norton, next to the primary school. What are the dimensions of the case? I will check it will fit next time I'm there, which is often.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Mon 9 Jul 2012, 13:48

A very timely question!

WODC has recently announced a series of electrical recycling points "across the District" (their words, not mine) - press release here. Unfortunately "across the district" doesn't include Charlbury, nor even Chipping Norton.

I raised this last week with our district councillor Liz Leffman and she has in turn contacted the WODC officers; I believe they're due to meet this week. The reason cited for not putting one at the Spendlove is that there is not enough room, but given that there's enough room for a whole new community centre there, I'm sure we could accommodate a temporary one until at least the proposed Greystones recycling centre is opened.

Alex Flynn
👍

Mon 9 Jul 2012, 12:44

Damn that iPhone once again (re: all the errors!)

Alex Flynn
👍

Mon 9 Jul 2012, 12:42

Since the closing of Dean Pitt whee are we supposed to take large electrical items for recycling? For example I need to get rid of an ATX PC tower case.

Any help is appreciated. What are out local politicians really doing about it?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.