BT DOING WORK IN THE AREA??

David G Green
👍

Mon 27 Aug 2012, 18:16

We were left with an 80 quid call out charge from our alarm company because of a problem with the exchange. Nothing they could do and we were without alarm cover for 3 days. Wish me luck with getting my money back from bt!

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Sun 26 Aug 2012, 19:00

Hi we had the same problem last Tuesday - they said it was a fault on the exchange. Said that it would be OK until 24 august but it was all up and running the next day. When they sent the text to say it was not going to be up and running until 24 August, I did ring back and complain and said that my husband was working from etc etc. So dont know if that made any difference. Transpired the fault was due to the upgrades they are doing and some of the lines have been faulty. So next doors worked when ours didnt!

Lesley-Anne Tutton
👍

Sat 25 Aug 2012, 07:54

We have been without a phone and Internet since last Tuesday - BT say it will be fixed by Wednesday next week but who knows. My husband works from home and his business is seriously affected without the Internet. Completely fed up with it all. Anyone else in the same position in Charlbury?

Katie Ewer
👍

Fri 24 Aug 2012, 13:02

Hi. We had the same problem a few years ago. In the end in desperation, I wrote to the Chief Executive of BT and it got sorted within days with £100 compensation.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Fri 24 Aug 2012, 11:24

A friend in Enstone has lost her broadband for a week now. She's with BT but says their customer services go round in circles and she cannot get through to anyone. Does anyone have a similar experience, and if so, how have you solved it? (If you have!)

Katie Ewer
👍

Fri 17 Aug 2012, 09:59

Thanks Tony. I hope they sort it for you! That's a long time to be without a landline.

Tony Graeme
👍

Thu 16 Aug 2012, 18:39

To answer the question in the heading and Katies posting today: Yes they are. We (and others)have been without a working phone line since late June. The fault seems to have needed replacement of a vital piece of equipment at or near the exchange and BT Customer Services have quoted varuious 'deadlines' when the work was expected to be finished. Latest news I have (yesterday morning) is that the installation is now complete. and, after 'de-silting'of the manhole and ducts, they can now proceed with 'jointing' of the lines. They hope to complete this tomorrow (Fri.).
After the number of earlier estimates we have had I'm not holding my breath!
Tony

Helen Holwill
👍

Thu 16 Aug 2012, 13:14

I'm with Talk Talk but my phone was cutting in and out this morning, and my email has been down.

Katie Ewer
👍

Thu 16 Aug 2012, 11:23

My phone is off again. Are they doing more work somewhere?

Andrew Greenfield
👍

Sat 21 Jul 2012, 17:54

We completely lost our broadband but not telephone yesterday morning (Orange, package including phone-line and calls) and had to reset the router to factory settings and start from scratch. This is the first time in about 4 years that I have lost broadband or phone service, which seems a bit of a coincidence, and with all this BT trouble happening, I presume that it was implicated in some way. Even though we do not use BT services direct, they do, of course, provide all the cabling for the phone services here in Charlbury.

Kat Patrick
👍

Sat 21 Jul 2012, 02:25

From what I gather, there is a major phone cable beyond the junction box -- one with 1000 lines, apparently -- that is being replaced. When they moved my line from it to a different cable, I had a lovely clear connection for all of 2 hours, then totally dead till today. It would seem that I had been moved to a line that wasn't actually available, and when they discovered the mistake, they simply cut me off. Better, more thorough BT man who followed protocol (such as actually coming to my house and running tests on the line) has now sorted things out. I have, however, been essentially without service for a week. Hope Phone Co-op can reimburse the extra calls I needed to make on my mobile, which otherwise would have been covered by my monthly payment on my landline. I'll try to remember to update if I get anywhere on this, and thus, re-affirm my loyalty to them after all these years.

Tony Graeme
👍

Mon 16 Jul 2012, 18:52

To update my posting om Wed 27 June:
I have had conversations with BT at the end of last week and again today. These have confirmed their earloer comment that their is " a major problem" on the lines in Charlbury. The work is in hand with an estimate for completion of 1st August.
Tony

Kat Patrick
👍

Mon 16 Jul 2012, 10:29

My phone has been messed up since Friday. Started with crackling. Then went dead for about 24 hours. Now back to crackling. All the while, my internet is flaky, unable to stay 100% solid due to the crackling. Must be water in the BT box. No word from them even though I reported it Saturday. Inundated with calls about inundation, I suppose (ha-ha!).

Harriet Baldwin
👍

Fri 13 Jul 2012, 10:52

Does anyone still have problems with their phone line, or know of anybody who does? My parents' line is still dead as of 18 June, and there has been no word from BT as to when it will be sorted out, or what is being done. They were wondering how many other households are affected.

Caroline Shenton
👍

Tue 10 Jul 2012, 20:36

And with us. We're on AOL. It's gone completely flaky over the last 6 weeks or so and rain seems to part of the pattern.

russell robson
👍

Wed 4 Jul 2012, 22:55

Same here.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Wed 4 Jul 2012, 13:42

Since about the time Jono posted his original message, I've been having issues. Pretty much every time it rains - which at the moment is quite a lot! - our Internet connection drops. Restarting the router fixes it. It's not something that's ever occurred before.

jono slatter
👍

Thu 28 Jun 2012, 00:32

We are now back on - all very strange - I hope others are too!

Harriet Baldwin
👍

Wed 27 Jun 2012, 10:57 (last edited on Wed 27 Jun 2012, 12:45)

My parents' phone has been like it over a week now, they were told it would be fixed by Friday. AFAIK no-one else in their street is affected. They have one line going to the house, which splits to two numbers - one used for the internet and the other for the phone. The phone is not working but the internet is fine, so the problem is in the exchange not in the lines.

Tony Graeme
👍

Wed 27 Jun 2012, 10:19

Yes they are.
Our phone line has been unusable for over a week. The fault was reported to BT last Tuesday they have been working on it since and original 'deadline' of close of work on Monday has now passed. Broadband is slower than usual but still operative. we also have the 'anomaly' that next door (on the line from the same pole) is aparently ok.
We spoke to the engineer who told us they have 'a major problem' on the lines through Charlbury.

Katie Ewer
👍

Wed 27 Jun 2012, 09:07

Hi. My mother-in-laws phone is also off and we were told that there is a fault in the area. Weirdly, our phone (next door) is fine, so it might be a coincidence.

jono slatter
👍

Tue 26 Jun 2012, 18:22

As from this morning our phone line has been dead. Broadband is fine so wondered if anyone else is having similar issues - obviously BT. We are with Tiscali/Talk Talk but as I say internet OK.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.