Bike servicing

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Fri 10 Aug 2012, 17:11

So far none of the people who have expressed an interest in this has been able or willing to help on the day. It's a question of arranging a space for the repairers and their van before they set up at 10am on Saturday 18th. I can be there from 12.30 to thank them and see how it went but I can't be there after 9.30 am.

If no one offers to help, I'll take the posters down and cancel the booking on Monday. Email jon@phonecoop.coop if you can save the day!

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Tue 7 Aug 2012, 12:11

Back on Trax will service and repair bikes at the Spendlove on SATURDAY AUGUST 18 from 10am till 1pm. Cost £30 plus parts. Just turn up, no need to book. For more information about the services they provide, including sales, see www.backontrax.co.uk

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Wed 1 Aug 2012, 16:13

Very keen to help, perhaps by putting some publicity around; and I have a bike - my third one, ahem, which is surplus to requirements - which I'd like them to look at, too.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Tue 31 Jul 2012, 21:28

Good news! Back on Trax are keen to come. See www.backontrax.co.uk/ Is anyone interested in helping to arrange this in the near future? Who would like their bike(s) serviced? Click on my name on the left to email me privately or post a reply below.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Tue 31 Jul 2012, 12:56

In its page on this website, last updated just over a year ago, Sustainable Charlbury says:

"Early in the summer we worked with the Charlbury Cycling Group to have bikes fixed at the Farmer's Market and would like now to extend this into making Charlbury more cycle-friendly by encouraging the Town Council to adopt such a policy leading to some bike routes, cycle parking, etc. This will all coalesce around our affiliation to the 10:10 campaign."

Perhaps someone can update us on this? Is the Town Council working towards a more cycle-friendly Charlbury?

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Tue 31 Jul 2012, 11:42

Deathly hush.

I've emailed Back on Trax to see if we can arrange a visit. Watch this space.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Fri 27 Jul 2012, 16:41

Did anything come of this?

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Wed 30 May 2012, 09:30

We had very good results one time last year by leafleting bikes at the station and putting a few posters up - I'd be happy to do that again.

Matthew Greenfield
👍

Tue 29 May 2012, 21:00

My bike desperately needs servicing (before July if possible) so I would defintely use them.

russell robson
👍

Tue 29 May 2012, 18:27

Thanks Ed.

Thought we could organise one weekend in July, and get them back on the Spendlove site?

Edward Fenton
👍

Tue 29 May 2012, 17:37

Hi Russell - I used the Back on Trax service a couple of times last summer, and thought it was great. It would be good to see it (or similar) back. If a similar service is offered this summer, I think more people would use it if it was better publicised - I got the impression that the Back on Trax man wasn't as busy last year as he would have liked.

russell robson
👍

Tue 29 May 2012, 15:12

Does anyone want this service this summer, now the warm weather is here, and you can take advantage of the new off road route from Charlbury to Finstock.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.