Election

Maryjane Dale
👍

Thu 17 May 2012, 17:48

It isn't a problem in any way, but as I hadn't told anybody my voting preference, I suppose I was slightly bemused.

Liz Leffman
👍

Thu 17 May 2012, 09:09

Hi Maryjane

Apologies if we contacted you when you had already voted. We usually do call on people who have said that they will be voting Lib Dem to remind them that it is polling day, and you would be surprised how many people forget - we all have very busy lives! But you clearly did remember, so thank you.

Maryjane Dale
👍

Wed 16 May 2012, 23:09

Congratulations to all involved and indeed elected.
I have to admit though, I was slightly surprised to receive two phone calls on polling day, reminding me to vote (the 2nd came after I had already voted)
Is this normal procedure? I have never encountered this before.....

glena chadwick
👍

Thu 10 May 2012, 14:56

Thanks Ann, that's very kind. Not always been a pleasure (!!!) but always been a real privilege. Huge congratulations to Liz---very proud to hand over to her and many congratulations to the town councillors, Good luck to everyone.

Ann Harper
👍

Fri 4 May 2012, 12:00

Well done Liz, a well deserved victory.

I think we should also offer a vote of thanks to Glena for 12 very busy years working for the people of Charlbury. So well done Glena!

russell robson
👍

Fri 4 May 2012, 12:00

Well done Liz and thank you to the people of Charlbury.

I would also like to thank my campaign photographer for my flyer photo.

Thank you Edie Robson, aged 7.

Melinda Botos
👍

Fri 4 May 2012, 11:49

Yes, big congratulation to Liz and to all the town councillors elected. Charlbury should be proud of itself!!! Looking forward to a great few years to come!!!

sasha horne
👍

Fri 4 May 2012, 10:04

Congratulations Liz.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Fri 4 May 2012, 09:18

May I offer my congratulations to Liz as well, along with all the other Town Councillors who were elected. It should prove an interesting council with so many new councillors this time. And thank you to all who voted for me - I hope I too can live up to expectations.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Fri 4 May 2012, 08:52

Congratulations Liz - much deserved.

Thank you to everyone who was kind enough to vote for me for the Town Council, and I'm delighted to have been trusted with a place. I hope I can live up to your expectations in the next four years!

Liz Leffman
👍

Fri 4 May 2012, 08:44 (last edited on Fri 4 May 2012, 08:49)

Thank you to everyone - I'm proud to be representing the ward and proud to live in the ward with the biggest turnout in West Oxfordshire. We know how to do democracy here! Well done to all our Town Councillors - I look forward to working with you

Sue Normand
👍

Fri 4 May 2012, 08:32

Well done to Liz on WODC and to all on the Town Council. Excellent turnout in the memorial Hall.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.