Council getting new equipment to investigate HUM

Kat Patrick
👍

Fri 11 May 2012, 08:53

Neil Shellard seems to be on the job again, investigating the hum in Charlbury with their new equipment. If you hear the Hum at all, it would be really helpful with the investigation if you would contact the council and get on the list of homes to take readings from. Cheers!

Charlotte Penn
👍

Fri 11 May 2012, 07:23

I'm over the moon. I spoke to Roger Clarke, the other day and he gave me the telephone numbers of a fabulous gentleman, who's in charge of Oxfordshire's Street lighting. What a gentleman he is, and 'a man that can'! Low and behold, within 24 hours, the street light shade and light bulb was replaced outside my house. This now means I have less light directed into my bedroom and my neighbours, which helps us going to sleep. Just the hum now, to solve! Still preying for this miracle!

Charlotte Penn
👍

Wed 9 May 2012, 14:17

I have also been told that the street lamp right outside my bedroom window could be causing this hum too. I've just some very interesting conversations with Roger Clarke, Oxfordshire Highways, Oxfordshire County Council, John Haman and a lovely local policeman. I will update you all, regarding this issue.

Charlotte Penn
👍

Tue 8 May 2012, 09:31

Well, would you have it? I've just had another conversation with one of the workmen, working on replacing the electricity poles, etc. He also said that these electricity wires are over 30 years old and not able to cope with the demand. He also said that this does cause the hum. So, maybe I'm not talking out of my …. ! I still believe that I'm actually saying the truth.

Lets hope that the proper wires are put up, that cope with the demand? I prey that the hum goes away. Please Lord? Please SEG? I need sleep.

Charlotte Penn
👍

Sat 5 May 2012, 13:11

You're probably right, Christine and thank you for your information. I was trying to think positive.

Christine Battersby
👍

Sat 5 May 2012, 12:22 (last edited on Sat 5 May 2012, 12:34)

Powerteam is not branch of Southern Electric, but a Northern Irish company that has won a contract to modernise the rural & urban electricity network across Oxfordshire (as they've done also elsewhere in the UK). It's to provide a more reliable & less fault-prone electricity supply--also one that is safer.

They are doing it in stages: stage 1 involves replacing poles & the main overhead lines to the poles; stage 2 involves replacing any overhead lines to individual houses & the like. I don't think it has anything to do with the hum!

I'm personally hoping it will sort out some of the problems relating to the (very idiosyncratic) supply of electricity to my house -- problems which Southern Electric had in the past decided to ignore, despite having been alerted by neighbours to some safety issues. Unfortunately, Powerteam has not been provided with much information from Southern Electric, except a map of where the lines run, so people should not assume that Powerteam will know in advance what the issues are.

Charlotte Penn
👍

Fri 4 May 2012, 17:35

I asked another Powergem maintenance chap this afternoon, why they were changing the electricity lines? He said the same, as the other maintenance chap, last week ?" the lines cannot cope with the demand, and added jokingly, that the cause is all the computers everyone are using! Anyway, the hum was horrendous last night, and I really prey that, after next week, when the guys re-wire my street's electricity lines on 9th May, the LFN stops. Thanks to those few, who have believed in what I've always said, and those who have helped me, from my heart. I need some peace, and sleep. Just think what a difference switching off the street lights would do too, I say, thinking of the unnecessary cost too!

Charlotte Penn
👍

Wed 2 May 2012, 10:58

Thanks Harriet, maybe I understood incorrectly. Does anyone else know more here?

By the by - www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2138183/Million-homes-face-200-ensure-TV-signal-isnt-ruined-new-mobile-frequency.html

Harriet Baldwin
👍

Mon 30 Apr 2012, 14:17

I was under the impression that the essential supply work was the same as they have been carrying out in Finstock and other areas of Charlbury - replacing poles, like I have in my garden (which they haven't replaced yet, although the work was due to be carried out last Wednesday apparently necessitating an entire day's power outage). It's nothing to do with the wiring or supply and demand.

Charlotte Penn
👍

Mon 30 Apr 2012, 11:43

Southern Electric are working on essential work on the electricity supply network. And, on Wednesday May 9th ?" SEG's Powerteam are turning off the electricity supply ?" to do so.

This issue is responsible for the LFN, as I've been ranting on about. The SE sub station and their electric lines are not coping with the supply and the demands. The man who delivered the urgent notice, has just said exactly that, to me.

Let's hope that SEG sort this out, and stop this dreadful hum, that has made me so ill. I prey to the Lord, it does. I need to sleep. I thank the Lord that something is now finally happening.

As Kat says, there are many people, who have heard and do hear this LFN, so please do contact Neil, and help us all. Many thanks in advance.

Kat Patrick
👍

Fri 27 Apr 2012, 09:31

If you have been hearing that dastardly low-frequency Hum lately, then please let Neil Shellard at the council know so that once they've got their new equipment and have finished their training on it, you can become part of the investigation about the Hum's source. Neil.Shellard@westoxon.gov.uk

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.