Professor Robert Leslie

Edward Fenton
👍

Mon 16 Apr 2012, 08:33

Thanks, Richard. I should also say that all proceeds from the sale of Professor Leslie's charming book go directly to the Charlbury Community Centre Appeal fund - copies are available at the Post Office, or by clicking on the link that Richard Fairhurst put up in his posting below.

Tony Graeme
👍

Thu 12 Apr 2012, 18:33

The portfolio of Prof. Leslie's photographs is available to inspect in the museum,if anyone has the time, inclination and energy to repeat the exercise.
Tony

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Thu 12 Apr 2012, 13:27

There is of course this lovely compendium of Professor Leslie's Charlbury News: Six Years in a Country Town.

John Lanyon
👍

Thu 12 Apr 2012, 07:59

One of the things he did was to create a photographic album of the residents of Charlbury with their occupations. This was about 1988/9. It would be a very interesting project for someone to find the photos and photograph everyone again and create an exhibition, putting the originals next to the new photos. Prof Leslie's daughter is the editor of the magazine Blues in Britain and can be contacted via the magazine. I believe Prof Leslie's house in Church St. is currently up for sale.

Ed Powell
👍

Wed 11 Apr 2012, 19:38

Professor Leslie was Head of the History Department at Queen Mary College, London University, when I studied there from 1970-73.I was interested to know what had happened to him when he left QMC. I traced him to Charlbury and discovered that he died shortly after finishing as editor of your newsletter. He was particularly considerate towards me and I would appreciate any memories of him that you would be willing to share with me.

Best wishes,

Ed Powell

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.