Washing Machine Repairs

Andrew Chapman
👍

Tue 17 Apr 2012, 19:46

Applicance Doctor is very quick to come out, and does a good job - but he's expensive. He charged us £36 ex Vat for a part I now see you can buy from a spares dealer for £18 inc Vat, or less than a tenner on eBay. Caveat emptor!

Geoff Holmberg
👍

Sun 25 Mar 2012, 18:56

We've used Andrew at Reliable Repairs in Stonesfield for a couple of appliances and he's been good and reasonably priced. Recommended through this forum a while back.

01993 8913389 or mobile 07989 945971

Kat Patrick
👍

Thu 22 Mar 2012, 22:39

I can vouch for Chris Davies in Banbury. Not a man of many words, but he gets the job done.

Katrina Ross
👍

Thu 22 Mar 2012, 21:21

We used the Appliance Doctor when our over packed up 2 days before christmas, very quick and helpful, don't know if he was the cheapest but 2 days before christmas I didn't have time to find out! Would certainly recommend him.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Thu 22 Mar 2012, 17:22

Busby and Lucas in Witney have been very efficient in the past.

Andrew Greenfield
👍

Thu 22 Mar 2012, 17:21

It is also worth a phonecall to Busby & Lucas in Witney, 01993 771482, who are very helpful and can usually get any spares you might need for almost any make of appliance. They will make "house-calls" to look at and repair unwell machines, as well as give very fair advice.

Simon Walker
👍

Thu 22 Mar 2012, 16:45

With this eventuality in mind, there is a piece of paper on my desk bearing the names of Appliance Doctor in Witney, and Chris Davies in Banbury. We've never had to use either of them (fortunately), but I guess we got their details 'just in case'. Both of them have websites.

Julie Ward
👍

Thu 22 Mar 2012, 14:19

Can anyone recommend someone local and reliable, who can diagnose whether the hideous noise that my washing machine has started making is repairable or terminal, and can fix it if appropriate? It's only 4 years old so I am hoping I don't need to replace it just yet.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.