Cones

Harriet Baldwin
👍

Fri 2 Mar 2012, 12:11

It's the Highways people. There's been a notice about it at the Fiveways bus stop since the beginning of February (resurfacing in Park Street I think it was). By the sound of it they haven't bothered to put notices anywhere else?

Mark Purcell
👍

Fri 2 Mar 2012, 11:04

I completely agree with John. Can our elected representatives please raise this with the appropriate authorities? The whole of Market Street and the whole of Church Street have been coned off all week. The first work in Market Street seems to have taken placed this morning, and now appears to have finished. Contrary to what the very nice police officers said last night, the yellow signs in Market Street give no indication of who has closed the road, for what purpose, and who to contact with queries. A little communication from OCC Highways would have gone a long way, and saved the police a lot of bother. I daresay the information is buried somewhere. But would it really have been so very difficult to drop a dozen leaflets through people's doors, or stick up a prominent notice on the board, asking us nicely to shift our cars for road repairs on Friday morning? Instead the whole damn street has been coned off for five days, and if John's work 'stupid' seems a little harsh, it's clear that those responsible have little concept of how disproportionate and disruptive this has been.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Fri 2 Mar 2012, 10:35

What's more, it's just stupid. With the Park Street/Church Street rat run closed, there is actually much LESS traffic in Market Street now. You can tell it was planned by an idiot by the fact that they didn't realise that Sheep Street and Market Street are one way. When part of Chad was closed off a few weeks ago, they got the signs all wrong too.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Fri 2 Mar 2012, 08:57

OCC Highways, I think. The police were doing door-to-door calls along Market Street last night asking people to move their cars...

Mark Purcell
👍

Thu 1 Mar 2012, 16:50

Does anyone know which public authority is responsible for the decision to cone off the whole of Church Street and the whole of Market Street? It does seem, to say the least, like overkill. Needless to say, hardly anyone is taking much notice - they hardly could do, as short of parking in Chippy and taking the bus back home it's difficult to see what other options residents have. But it would be nice to try to knock this caper on the head, as it is second time it's happened in recent months.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.