'Tipping on The Slade'

Helen Wilkinson
👍

Thu 1 Mar 2012, 20:11

My suspicion is that the origin is more likely to have been the person responsible for tipping previously on the same site - but I cannot imagine why - considering your description of the subject matter!

Andrea Swinburne
👍

Thu 1 Mar 2012, 17:41

The bags have finally been picked up! Yes, we have alot of problems with dog faeces too, especially in the summer as it's all we can smell in our garden, as the dogs tend to use our fence/stone wall & hedge as their 'unloading' area, as it's the first chance for them to relieve themselves!!

Chris Bates
👍

Thu 1 Mar 2012, 09:24 (last edited on Thu 1 Mar 2012, 09:25)

Revolting, I agree - but probably no more hazardous than dog faeces. And more of it, obviously.

Andrea Swinburne
👍

Wed 29 Feb 2012, 14:42

We have had continuous problems with people dumping stuff at the end of our drive (next to Woody Lane, opposite Dancers Hill). The strangest been a car bonnet, or so I thought.

This week however, three blue Tesco bags (the reusable ones) had been lined up very nicely just the otherside of our stone wall. Inside of each Tesco bag is a large black bin bag filled to capacity. Wearing rubber gloves, I carefully inspected each of these bags, to find each bag filled with human waste! To what has been suggested 4-5 stones worth in weight of human waste! We now think it's possible that it's come from a porta loo from a site that been worked on up Lee Heights. Porta loo gone - bags of waste been left.

I contacted the Councils out of hours team to report my find. To cut a very long story short, this was reported Tuesday morning at 8am and I am still waiting for the bags to be safely removed, as the thought of any of them splitting or been opened just doesn't bare thinking of. I contacted the Council 'again' this afternoon and all they could say that the report had been noted & the bags would be cleared at some point. Basically gave the impression that they were not that concerned about the matter.

Is it me or is this hazardous waste which should of been delt with on Tuesday morning when I reported it? I have put a note on top of the bags warning people of their contents and to stay clear. Still waiting for the councils team to show up...

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.