Radio interference

John Dora
👍

Thu 1 Mar 2012, 18:57

I discovered Radio Swiss Jazz a few years ago when they broadcast in FM in Switzerland, and can receive this station on an app on my iphone called 'ootunes'. Ootunes can also pick up Radio Oxford and other UK stations and I was able to listen to Radio Oxford recently when in Europe, via ootunes and wi-fi.

For the slightly off-beat taste try neo2.ch although I think it's now heimatklang.ch!!

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Thu 1 Mar 2012, 09:29

I never understood why anyone would want to use internet radio till recently. I've got a DAB radio with often crackly reception but streaming internet radio (from iTunes, free) through my stereo is much more reliable, and I can make my own choice of stations from thousands available. Connecting a computer (or an iPod, or for all I know an iPhone) to a stereo system is a doddle. If you use an app, TuneIn Radio is magic for 69p.

What are other people's favourite internet stations? For starters, I much prefer Radio Swiss Classic to Classic FM (or Radio 3) for background listening, despite the occasional German announcements. And Radio Swiss Jazz is a delightful if unadventurous jazz station, with almost no announcements. Both are ad-free.

Natasha Merriman
👍

Thu 1 Mar 2012, 06:32

Our DAB cut out altogether several times over the weekend (I can't comment on this week because I've had to return to Yorkshire for a while) and we live in lower Charlbury.

Richard Broughton
(site admin)
👍

Wed 29 Feb 2012, 23:48

It was not really interference, but a loss of signal from the local transmitter leaving only the background noise or nearby frequencies, which might sound like interference.

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Wed 29 Feb 2012, 22:53

What was the nature of the interference?

Maryjane Dale
👍

Wed 29 Feb 2012, 16:08

And I thought it was just my radio.......

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Tue 28 Feb 2012, 16:48

I didn't think there was an analogue (FM) radio relay from Walcot?

brian
👍

Tue 28 Feb 2012, 15:55

Could it possibly be connected to the new local radio station being broadcast from Blackbird Leys? They may have got their frequency wrong?

Richard Broughton
(site admin)
👍

Tue 28 Feb 2012, 14:24

I haven't been listening today, but on Saturday (at least) we lost all BBC radio channels and several commercial channels that I checked, FM and DAB, for a couple of periods around midday. This is in 'upper Charlbury' so I think we are on the Beckley transmitter. Would appear to be a transmitter problem.

Christine Battersby
👍

Tue 28 Feb 2012, 14:19

Stephen, I lost all FM Radio channels over the weekend several times for extended periods of time. Not sure about today. There was also interference on the DAB alternatives on my radio set. I hope this is not a new pattern!

Stephen Andrews
👍

Tue 28 Feb 2012, 10:10

Has anyone experienced Radio 4 (FM) interference over the weekend and intermittently today? The station was inaudible for two hours each during Saturday and Sunday. We take our signal from the Walcot transmitter.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.