Phantom Poster Remover

Jackie Hague
👍

Sat 28 Jan 2012, 09:31

Simon, Thank you for your observation. Unfortunately, it doesn't shed any further light on this mystery because the event in question was at the Memorial Hall.

Simon Walker
👍

Fri 27 Jan 2012, 17:10

As I think has been mentioned before in another thread some time ago, posters on the board outside the Memorial Hall are supposed to be only for events at the hall itself. I seem to remember someone else asking why their poster had been taken down from there, and that was the reason given.

Jackie Hague
👍

Fri 27 Jan 2012, 13:29

Susie, that may be true of the notice board outside the school but doesn't explain what happened to the posters at Fiveways and outside the Memorial Hall.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Fri 27 Jan 2012, 12:44

Dear All

I have been informed by Roger Clarke, clerk to the Town Council, that this notice board was leaning and very loose. As the notice board belongs to the Town Council, it has been removed for safety and repair and will be re-sited as soon as possible. Hope this helps.

Hannah jago
👍

Thu 26 Jan 2012, 22:03

I attended this event tonight as a stall holder and heard the reason we only had 4 customers was due to the mindless removal of these posters. Not only have the organisers spent time, money and supplies printing these posters but this also affects us stall holders. I had personally recommended at least 3 of the other stall holders, and we usually donate to the charity or school, plus a raffle prize, to help with the fundraising efforts. I then have the costs of babysitting and travel, plus the goods I sell, if any! This costs me! Mindless removal of valuable posters costs me my business! this is damaging to the community as a whole, because there are many villagers who can't shop in the day, due to work, so a shopping evening like this is a great way to do it all in one spot, whilst contributing to a charity event! Have a heart whoever this is that's removing the posters and think of the effect on ALL those concerned!

Alex Westbury
👍

Thu 26 Jan 2012, 19:54

It seems someone has gone a step further too, as the whole notice board outside the primary school has gone!!!

Jackie Hague
👍

Thu 26 Jan 2012, 19:15 (last edited on Thu 26 Jan 2012, 19:16)

I'm involved with different Charlbury based community and charity groups and place posters advertising events in Charlbury on the notice boards around town. At times posters are removed before the event in question has taken place. It is sad that someone would wish to hinder the efforts of Charlbury based groups involved in genuine community or charitable activity. The latest organisation affected is the Cornbury based FASD Trust, which is holding a ladies' pamper evening tonight in order to raise funds to help them in their work.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.