Squirrels living in my loft?

Laura Ludlow
👍

Mon 23 Jan 2012, 15:27

OK! my update is West Oxfordshire district council coming out next Monday to put humane traps up there to catch whatever it is! I am now looking for someone who can get on a ladder and wire up any potential entrances and exits so any suggestions for this would be great!

Mike Williams
👍

Wed 18 Jan 2012, 16:50

hope it all goes well but please keep us informed about how it goes, and who you used. Too many threads here are left tantalizingly close to a solution, then the author forgets and goes away for another few months. I hardly need to say that forums like this thrive on activity.

Laura Ludlow
👍

Wed 18 Jan 2012, 07:32

Oh my goodness! I'm on the telephone today! Thanks everyone

Christine Battersby
👍

Tue 17 Jan 2012, 18:30

Also don't forget that you are usually not insured against damage by vermin, & that includes squirrels. It pays to get this sorted out quickly, as some people that I know in Witney discovered to their cost.

Squirrels got down their chimney, & found themselves trapped in the living room whilst the owners were away on holiday. They destroyed most things in the room before eating their way out through the wooden patio doors. It sounds like something out of a cartoon, but cost the owners a fortune!

john h
👍

Tue 17 Jan 2012, 17:10

It will pay to check your wiring in the roof space, if it is rodents of any kind they love to chew cables,( it is the cause of their demise sometimes.)

But it can also be a fire hazard

David Homewood
👍

Tue 17 Jan 2012, 11:40

try Vale Game

Tel: 01367 820333
Email: info@valegame.co.uk

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Mon 16 Jan 2012, 22:29

WODC's Pest Control people should do it: www.westoxon.gov.uk/environment/envhealthpest.cfm .

Laura Ludlow
👍

Mon 16 Jan 2012, 21:09

I have some type of animals (not rats as i have tried rat traps, posion pretty much everything and it has not worked) living and gnawing away in my loft. They keep very irregular hours and I'm sick of being woken up at 3am to the sound of them sharpening their teeth on the wood! Does anyone know of any way I can get rid of them or does anyone know a good pest controller? Thanks!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.