Buses replace last trains next week

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Fri 13 Jan 2012, 12:20

Slightly amused by the route the rail replacement bus driver took last night - after Hanborough, East End via Fawler. Which is lovely and picturesque and my favourite route on two wheels... but not exactly ideal for buses!

William Crossley
👍

Thu 12 Jan 2012, 22:57

Following this week's work, the line will be closed west of Charlbury, as far as Evesham, on Sunday January 29 for track renewals, with buses replacing trains on that section.

Services between Charlbury, Oxford and London will be near-normal but some departure times from Charlbury will be changed by a few minutes, so worth checking if you are going to be travelling that day.

Carl Perkins
👍

Fri 6 Jan 2012, 12:24

Intercity Express Programme

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Fri 6 Jan 2012, 00:17

IEP trains?

William Crossley
👍

Thu 5 Jan 2012, 10:45

Every chance of faster journeys in future, but probably not major improvements until 2016, after Reading station has been rebuilt, the line fromn London to Oxford electrified, new signals (and hopefully extra track to increase capacity) installed at Oxford and new IEP trains are delivered.

Carl Perkins
👍

Tue 3 Jan 2012, 22:26

Thanks William. I didn't know this. Also could I just add (dare I say it), whatever they did at Didcot over Christmas seems to have worked a treat. For the first time since I can remember, the train this evening got to Oxford, Hanborough and Charlbury several minutes early! And there were no late running engineering works this morning! Maybe things are starting to improve at last. Will we ever see the 1 hour 20 minute journey back though??

William Crossley
👍

Tue 3 Jan 2012, 16:01

Thought it best to warn people that due to overnight Cotswold Line track maintenance work next week, the 21.48 train from Paddington to Worceter will be replaced by a bus beyond Oxford, from Monday to Thursday. A bus will also replace the last train of the day from Worcester to Oxford and London. Trains will run as normal on Friday night.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.