Cardboard recycling

glena chadwick
👍

Thu 22 Dec 2011, 11:01

I think some of the teams do slightly different things so it is rather inconsistent. Still, what I relayed below is what is meant to happen and hopefully explains why some cardboard has been left behind.

Birgit den Outer
👍

Wed 21 Dec 2011, 12:36

Maybe it's a bit hit and miss. I left out a flat box, measuring 1m x 1m or so, which they took. When I went out to say thank you and ask if I had been pushing my luck, they said it was fine as long as people didn't leave any polystyrene inside the boxes.

glena chadwick
👍

Wed 21 Dec 2011, 10:28

More about recycling ! Some confusion has occured recently about the collection of cardboard. Cardboard can be recycled,of course, but some people have been puzzled and annoyed as to why the cardboard they have left out beside their black boxes has not been collected. After many enquiries I have found out that the excess cardboard needs to be flat and not bigger than the size of the black box (this is because if it is not flat and any bigger it won't go into the apertures of the collecting vehicle). If the pieces are too stout to make this possible the advice is to take them up to the Spendlove Bring site where the containers are larger (and hopefully have some space in them !!). How we regret the passing of Dean Pit !!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.