Peter the hairdresser

Megan Bell
👍

Wed 30 Nov 2011, 19:50

All the best, Peter. My boys loved your magic trick and my youngest had his first ever haircut from you, can't believe you're going! Enjoy your retirement though and the chance to catch up with your far-flung family on the family tree.

Kat Patrick
👍

Tue 29 Nov 2011, 23:29

My husband has been going to Pete's for years, and at his last visit a few weeks ago, Pete told him about all his genealogical finds and a good website to hunt around on. Ever since, I've been hooked. So, thanks a lot, Pete. I didn't need any of that sleep after all (just joking!).

BOB COOMBES
👍

Tue 29 Nov 2011, 23:14

22 years down on the south coast and i still can not find any one who could cut my hair properly. Anything i wanted to know about Charlbury and its people pete knew, it was never a haircut more a social experience. Happy retirement

david t walton
👍

Tue 29 Nov 2011, 04:59

Good luck with your retirement Peter.I remember you training there under the watchful eye of Mr Atkins, complete with his whistling hearing aid (God bless his soul).All the best from Oz.

Alex Flynn
👍

Mon 28 Nov 2011, 10:55

All the best Peter :)

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Fri 25 Nov 2011, 11:26

Happy retirement Peter. Hope you and Gwen have a lovely time. Simon is really going to miss you! Me too!

Bryan Silman
👍

Fri 25 Nov 2011, 04:04

Happy retirement PETE.

David Homewood
👍

Thu 24 Nov 2011, 18:39

Happy retirement Pete, see you on the bowls green.......

Reg James
👍

Thu 24 Nov 2011, 15:15

Yes. Pater finishes work 26th November. Sorry for the error.

Elaine Newbold
👍

Thu 24 Nov 2011, 13:35

I think you mean the 26th November this Saturday

Reg James
👍

Thu 24 Nov 2011, 12:41

Many people will know that Peter Cahill of Peter's the hair stylist will be retiring on Saturday 26th December after 42 years of cutting hair in Charlbury.

I have been a regular but not too frequent customer since moving to Charlbury 15 years ago, visiting Peter's mainly to catch up with what's going on in the town, but also to enjoy the banter and stories.

Other than cutting hair, I understand that Peter was also a youth worker in the area for about 25 years, was active in the old Chamber of Trade, instigating the display of Christmas trees in the town centre, was active in helping with the Charlbury Town Appraisal in the early 1990s and has worked with the Street Fair for many years.

I am sure that I speak for many in the town when I thank him for his contribution to life in Charlbury and wish him well in his retirement. Let's hope that the business continues to thrive with the new hairdresser.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.