Current bus diversion

John Munro
👍

Mon 13 Feb 2006, 19:10

Does anyone actually get on or off a bus between Church Street and the junction of Woodstock, Fawler and Sturt Roads? If not, then re-routing around The Slade sounds like a very sensible suggestion and one that might appeal to local residents.

Chris Tatton
👍

Sat 11 Feb 2006, 18:39

Matthews idea seems very sensible to me. Seems crazy to be putting such large buses through the old and narrow streets in the centre of Charlbury.

Matthew Greenfield
👍

Sat 11 Feb 2006, 14:36

At the risk of going over old ground, I was interested to hear opinions about the current bus diversion due to the road works in Park Street.

I would dearly love the diversion to remain permanent to prevent these large buses going down the very narrow streets of Park Street and Market Street. They often have to drive on the pavement putting pedestrians at risk, particularly on Park Street where many young children walk to pre-school.

I will immediately state my 'nimby' credentials as I live on Park Street and I understand that for many having the buses stop in the centre of town is of course convenient. However, it has been suggested that the majority of the population now live the other side of the Slade and Charlbury would be better served by the buses going along this route. Another suggestion is that the buses convene and turn at the Spendlove Centre on the site of the proposed community centre until/if it is built rather than outside the Bell.

I want emphasise that I am just canvassing opinion and not stating that the above should necessarily happen! It is just my feeling it would be better if these large vehicles didn't have to go through our 'Historic Market Town.'

Matthew Greenfield.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.