Charlbury to Chipping norton road.

Derek Collett
👍

Fri 25 Nov 2011, 17:12

About five years I should think...

Alison Cherry
👍

Fri 25 Nov 2011, 15:42

On my way home from Chippy today there were two people surveying the road. Wonder how long it will be before they repair it.

Jean Adams
👍

Fri 25 Nov 2011, 11:37

Not even cornering, it was the on the hill just above the lay-bye into the Riverside!

John Kearsey
👍

Thu 24 Nov 2011, 23:49

4x4's are notoriously unstable on cornering - their safety credentials are suspect to say the least!

Jean Adams
👍

Thu 24 Nov 2011, 22:28

Did anyone else see the 4x4 who turned over in the 30mph zone this morning? Nothing to do with the road surface. The driver looked stunned but unhurt. How can anyone upturn a car like that???

David Homewood
👍

Thu 24 Nov 2011, 18:43

This road is clearly not fit for purpose...

Diana Limburg
👍

Mon 21 Nov 2011, 14:56

I got exactly the same reply as Jean had. At least a surge of complaints might put it on some agenda.

russell robson
👍

Mon 21 Nov 2011, 11:10

They survey the road every six months! Doesn't seem to flag any requirements for repair though!

Too many!!!1

Jean Adams
👍

Mon 21 Nov 2011, 10:56

Received today and the spelling mistakes are not mine!

Thank you for your enquiry received on the 19/11/11.

The Safety inspection for the B4026 road is fairly close as is it due for December. A safety inspected will inspected the whole of this road and pick up any safety defects that he comes across.

In the mean time I will raise sections of the B4026 to be put through on a HAMP process, where a Technician from our asset management team will come out and look to see whether we can do so further work such as surface patching or resurfacing.
Mathew Timms
Local Highways Representative

Diana Limburg
👍

Mon 21 Nov 2011, 09:58

Just also complained about this road on the website Jon gave. If you choose 'carriageway defect' rather than 'pothole' it seems you don't have to give a specific location the way Derek describes.

russell robson
👍

Mon 21 Nov 2011, 09:29

Perhaps the Town Council might have influence?

Derek Collett
👍

Sat 19 Nov 2011, 19:19

I reported the shocking condition of the B4026 in the vicinity of Spelsbury via the "Report a Pothole" feature on the OCC website about 2 years ago but nothing has been done about it.

The "Report a Pothole" feature glibly assumes that our roads are virtually perfect with the exception of the occasional pockmark or blemish. In fact, many of our roads are patchwork quilts of trenches, bumps, ridges, holes and lengthy stretches where the surface has been completely worn away, exposing the foundations. These are nothing more or less than failed roads. However, the OCC's "Report a Pothole" feature asks one to pinpoint an individual pothole to within about 10 metres in either direction! This is not easy to do when one has cycled about 25 miles and been shaken to pieces countless times on a number of different roads! I tried to report the entire B4026 between Charlbury and CN as a "failed road" but of course the software did not allow this. An accompanying message making the same point clearly had no effect as the road is still in a deplorable condition.

I agree with Russell re. cycling on this road - if you think it's bad driving on it in your car, then try it on a road bike with only about half an inch of slick rubber in contact with the surface! I have banned myself from cycling through Spelsbury from the CN side because I am fed up with being violently shaken until my hands go numb, endangering my own safety and damaging an expensive piece of machinery in the process. When will this road ever be repaired I wonder?

mandy
👍

Fri 18 Nov 2011, 17:48

Ok thanks I will do this. It must be a nightmare to cycle on it and not at all safe.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Fri 18 Nov 2011, 14:11

You report the pothole, or email the maintenance people, here:
www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/content/potholes

russell robson
👍

Fri 18 Nov 2011, 13:53

Please write to the County. They need to be aware of these things.

Imagine trying to cycle on it safely!

Andy Godfrey
👍

Fri 18 Nov 2011, 07:13

I agree Mandy, it's holey unacceptable.

mandy
👍

Thu 17 Nov 2011, 20:19

I went to Chippy yesterday and the road from charlbury to chippy is the most nasty pot hole bumpy road ive been on it is full of pot holes you cant even move around them as the hole road is like it. so if your on that road go careful.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.