Road Closure

kate southey
👍

Wed 15 Feb 2006, 18:18

It's like Alice says, speed calming, the creation of a town square and other pointless money wasting. Luckily no stonehenge effect carp so far...............

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Tue 14 Feb 2006, 23:43

Perhaps someone has been doing some homework on global warming/climate change issues. There are likely to be a LOT of fast, high volume rain storms and other extreme events according to pretty well any model one wants to run...

Neil MacAlpine
👍

Tue 14 Feb 2006, 16:11

They are pretty enormous pipes, the ones that are being put in. The sign in park street says 'surface water improvements', and I wonder just how much surface water we need for these large pipes to be necessary.
A conspiracy theorist, which I am not (...), might think that they are improvements for the 90 Cornbury park holiday lodges, to get 90 lots of 'waste down to the Charlbury works,and which are all downhill; the Finstock ones couldn't cope there. and haven't there just been 'improvements' to the sewage works themselves.
As I say, I am not a conspiracy theorist, better get back to work before the time and motion people see me.

John Munro
👍

Mon 13 Feb 2006, 19:03

Does anyone actually know what these rumoured improvements to the centre of Charlbury are?

Matthew Greenfield
👍

Sat 11 Feb 2006, 14:40

I thought it was just the drains being improved which should only take a couple of months according to a letter sent to residents. I didn't know anything about a town square which sounds interesting. I know there are gas works planned on Park Street too in the near future which involve further road closures.

Geoff Belcher
👍

Sat 11 Feb 2006, 08:17

Plus the drains are being improved.

alice
👍

Fri 10 Feb 2006, 14:23

It is more than just resurfacing. The parking spaces have been adjusted on church street, the bus stops are being improved and there will be a town square outside the bell.

Samantha Fairclough
👍

Fri 10 Feb 2006, 12:22

It's worse than that...the sign on the bus stop saying the Worths/OBC buses won't be using Church Street say that the bus stops might be out of use for up to 18 months!

Igor Goldkind
👍

Fri 10 Feb 2006, 10:02

Am I the only resident of Charlbury to wonder why it would take so long to resurface a road? Is over a month's road closure really necessary?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.