PARK & RIDE, Now charging for parking.

Jean Adams
👍

Wed 26 Oct 2011, 23:16

I was at Pear Tree Park and Ride which for the last few years has been free. Now you park your car and by the bus stop there are machines where you register your car- tap in the car registration,and insert the money. Tickets do not have to be put in your car which is a help.If you have no change you can register using a mobile phone and pay with a credit or debit card. Having registered once it will take only 30 secs next time.

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Wed 26 Oct 2011, 01:42

Jean, I am now confused. Which park and ride are you referring to? What do you mean by registration? Where at what station and how?

Jean Adams
👍

Tue 25 Oct 2011, 20:40

I now understand that Thornhill and Water Eaton are free as they are owned by Oxford CC, the other three are owned by the District Council who are now charging. Once your car is registered it will only take 30 secs by mobile phone.

Frank Payne
👍

Tue 25 Oct 2011, 09:33

The charges are as Jon Carpenter has indicated, and part of the improved services like the loss of Dean Pit, that we are getting now. Bear in mind that at Pear Tree at least there seem to be only two machines for the whole site close to the bus stop, so if you insist on paying by cash then there can be very long queues.

Chris Bates
👍

Tue 25 Oct 2011, 08:45

The extra 20p is for a text confirmation

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Tue 25 Oct 2011, 08:42

See www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/content/park-and-ride-prices Is this accurate?

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Tue 25 Oct 2011, 00:02

Which Park and Rides?

Jean Adams
👍

Mon 24 Oct 2011, 21:15

Beware, have some change ready as the charge is £1.50 per day and the machines do not give change. If, as happened to me this afternoon I arrived with no change and had to use my phone to register the car and pay on a card, which took ages talking to a machine, and cost £1.90 although the board states £1.70.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.