The price of butter

River Tarnell
👍

Sun 16 Oct 2011, 19:00

Hi,

If you expect our mate Dave to do any of this, I think you might be waiting a long time. Tory (and Labour, and Lib Dem) policy is to give free reign to large corporation (like supermarkets and oil companies) and hope they accidentally do something right in the course of making huge profits at our expense. Which so far has been a pretty dismal failure as far as plans go.

On the upside, if no one can afford to eat or drive, at least we've solved the obesity and pollution problems.

Charlotte Penn
👍

Sat 15 Oct 2011, 19:19

Oh, I forgot to mention, good old fashioned lard and dripping. I say, whist using my leftover beef stew, making beef pies, for my supper and the freezer. Yum Yum. Lard and beef dripping, makes yummy food too. Ask the wise old thrifty folk, who made do in WW 1 & 2? They know real food.

Charlotte Penn
👍

Sat 15 Oct 2011, 19:00

Many thanks Andrew; you're most kind to point this out. Alas, I can't afford the fuel to get to Witney, every week. I can only go once a month to stock up. And, up till now I've worked nearly every day of the week, with only the odd day off, never on a market day. I'm poor little Cinderella, but hey I love my cooking! Rant rant.

Derek, little bit of butter adds a wollop of flavour, turning food into a little bit of heaven. Margarine is not real, it's manufactured. And, butter has more real vitamins, etc, and can be used in calorie counting diets. I could go on and on here. Rant rant. I like and cook real food, being British/French trained. Rape seed oil, has it's place though.

Alors, I'm an avid fan of town markets. In fact there should really be a food market in Charlbury every Saturday, as Europe and most civilised: villages, towns and cities, around the world. Charlbury is a market town after all. And, as rent is so expensive, fuel, etc, and so it goes on and on. It would be a chance for Charlbury's other creative folk to sell their goods? It's a chance for our farmers, to bring their goods to our town. Not just four times a year! Rant rant, as she blows!

Also, there are so many empty shops, maybe us creative folks could get together, to discuss, an idea I have?

This is time for more sustainability and time to be even greener.

This is the time for a change and progression. Come on Dave! You're a good bloke. Are you Charlbury's Knight in shining armour, as you are - protecting our United Kingdom? Dave you have amour?

Please excuse my passion, poking my head once more above the parapet. I like to see progression.

This afternoon I watched 'Clash of the Titans', whilst baking, and now 'Jason of the Argonauts'! Both Greek mythology!

Hey, weren't our brave Welsh real men a great group of heroes? True celts. I'm so proud.

Derek Collett
👍

Sat 15 Oct 2011, 18:15

Simple solution: eat margarine!

Andrew Wilkins
👍

Sat 15 Oct 2011, 16:19

Charlotte might like to know that if she shops in Witney on a Thursday or Saturday there is a market stall that sells meat and dairy products. Some are short life shelf products and therefore very cheap but it normally sells a reasonable quality of butter at £1.00 per pack. The source varies but usually has a good few weeks.

Charlotte Penn
👍

Sat 15 Oct 2011, 14:11

Dear folks, I'm sure that we have all noticed the outrageous price of butter, etc. We have to do something, about this.

I'm sorry but, making government policies about calorie counting, is just ridiculous, insensitive and unrealistic. Good healthy balanced eating and exercise is the key, being delicious of course.

It's about time this government does something about these profiteering fuel profiteers.
It's about time, that us middle England, are looked after, in our great green pastures.
It's about time our farmers are looked after.
It's about time, the supermarkets stop profiteering,
It's about time all these thieves stop blatantly robbing us.

Preaching over, whilst I watch Captain Horatio Hornblower! I I sir?

It's been an emotional day! So proud of our kingdoms' rugger boys!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.